Forms content not saved in "Payments" when paid

• Francois
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #24531 by Francois
Hi there,

Here is my site: www.49design.ca

It has been working like a charm with Payment Form for joomla 2.5

Two clients ordered today, the payments came in right quick but their orders were not saved in joomla's backend nor sent to my usual email.

I tested the system and everything goes well when using 100% discounts. But when I tried with payments ( 20$ two times) the payment went through but the order was not saved nor sent to either emails ( mine and "customers" one)

Is there any update available on the plugin? If so I would be really interested as this is quite important for my business.

Thank you very much and if need be for more information, please contact me on: f.lapointe@49design.ca

Take care!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24536 by Ryan
Same thing here. Over 600 transactions in last 5 months, not one issue. All of a sudden on Friday, it stops. Looking for a solution as well ASAP.

• Francois
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #24537 by Francois
Is it possible that PayPal made an update on their API ?? Which would influence the way the plugin works...

www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentatio...pi-release-notes-v98

That happened 3 days ago... friday

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Francois.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24538 by Ryan
I dont know, have to wait for Tham to respond. Like I said, no issues for 600+ transactions, then all of a sudden its not working and nothing has changed on my end.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24544 by Ryan
After reading through nearly ALL of the Event Booking posts, I found this to work.

It appears that PayPal may have stepped up their security protocols last week 01/25/13. Up until today, I have never turned on PayPal IPN and designated a specific URL that PayPal had to interface with on my website to share and send PayPal transaction information. Hundreds of transactions have went out up until 01/25/13 and the necessary registrations and confirmations were completed flawlessly. All I did was put my PayPal email address in the events booking payment section and everything worked fine.

From 01/25-01/28, several dozen registrations came in and hung up in Pending. Not registrations were tracked even though the customers paid successfully via PayPal. No event notifications were sent for the PayPal transactions.

So the fix today. Turn on IPN in PayPal and direct it to the Events Booking payment plugin. When it asks for a redirect URL, input the following, making sure to add your domain.

YourDomain.com/home/index.php?option=com...ent_method=os_paypal

Once I did this, I tested 5 of my events using a credit card. All 5 events registrations posted, all 5 events sent out notifcations. Everything seemed to work flawlessly.

If this is a temporary fix, please let me know if there will be a patch. If this is how we all have to set up the PayPal communication to Events Booking, please post this information as a sticky.

Thanks,
Ryan

More
11 years 3 months ago #24567 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Forms content not saved in "Payments" when paid
It happens yesterday with us as well, It is something related to Paypal I believe. It works well from last night, so could you please confirm it works well now ?

(There were some problems with Paypal yesterday, no IPN messages are sent for all transactions and that's the reason all the extensions which use Paypal stopped working).

Tuan

• Francois
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #24593 by Francois
Hi there!

Last night all orders came in correctly. Everything seems to be working fine now!

Thanks again for checking it out, very appreciated!

Cheers,

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc