Questions about Payment Form extension

Fee field dependent on answering "Yes" or "No" in another field

• Colin Wilson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108037 by Colin Wilson
I would like to add a field to charge 2% for Paypal or credit card charges. But I don't want it to apply automatically to every payment through the payment plug-in, I want to provide users with the option of voluntarily paying it.

The payment should be based on a list field named [RENEW_TYPE] that is the type of membership they are renewing e.g. Adult $525, Family $1050, Student $150 etc.

I have a checkbox field with the options "Yes" or "No" (i.e. to volunteer the payment).

Then I have a fee field named [SURCHARGE] that should be dependent on whether they answer "Yes" or "No", and with a fee formula of [RENEW_TYPE]*0.02.

However, I can't get the Surcharge field to accept "Yes" as the "depend on" option. If I tick the "Yes" box, it refuses to save it and just leaves it unticked.

How do I do it correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Colin Wilson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108046 by Colin Wilson
I have fixed it, there was a comma in the "Yes, I agree" option that it didn't like.

My question now is how do I place the value of the Surcharge on the form for payees to see, rather than just adding it to the total amount?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc