Questions about Payment Form extension

Rent Payment

• msobotka
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #9742 by msobotka
Rent Payment was created by msobotka
Would it be possible to use this component as a form of Rent Payment? We deal mostly with ACH transactions. I'd like to develop a payment plugin. Do you have an idea when your tutorial will be finished? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9762 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Rent Payment
Hi

Would it be possible to use this component as a form of Rent Payment

=> Could you please explain how Rent Payment works ? I don't have any idea how it works, so I could not reply you !

We deal mostly with ACH transactions. I'd like to develop a payment plugin. Do you have an idea when your tutorial will be finished?

=> For now, I am focusing on some new improvement into the extensions and don't have time to write the tutorial document yet. Could you please have a look at one of the available payment plugin (Paypal or Authorize.net) as a sample ? The code is very clear and well written, I believe you can understand it easily !

Regards,

Tuan

• msobotka
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #9796 by msobotka
Replied by msobotka on topic Re: Rent Payment

Could you please explain how Rent Payment works ? I don't have any idea how it works, so I could not reply you !

Rent Payment works using eCheck or Credit Card.
Property Management Companies will manage properties from different owners and take a portion of their rent payments as revenue.
A property management company usually deposits to multiple bank accounts. Here is an example:

Tenant Payments -> Property Management Company Payment Gateway -> Deposits to Merchant Account -> Divides Payments to separate Property Owner Accounts

I need the ability to pass a custom hidden field that specifies the Property Owner's account number so that the merchant account funds can be routed later to individual property owner accounts. Does Authorize.net allow you to pass hidden fields?

I'd like the ability to charge a convenience Fee at the time of payment as well. I am sure I could add this to your code without any problem, but let me know if you have plans to include this feature.

I see that your Joom Donation component has an Authorize.net E-Check plugin. Do you have any plans to create this for Payment Form? Creating a plugin does not seem too hard from looking at your code.
I'm also looking at modifying your late fee function so that a property management company could charge a late fee if rent is not received by a certain date of every month(ex. jan 5th or Feb 5th). Any advice is appreciated and sorry for the long post! I appreciate your support and great component!

More
11 years 6 months ago #20397 by Andrew Bucklin
Replied by Andrew Bucklin on topic Re: Rent Payment
I am also looking for the same thing. Any news?

I need a way that users can login and make either a one-time credit card or eCheck payment OR a recurring credit card or eCheck payment via the ARB Authorize.net feature. Would also like to be able to charge a convenience fee. The late payment feature is also something that'd be nice to have...

msobotka, were you able to achieve what you were looking to do with JoomDonation or maybe with another?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc