Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

eDocMan and payments

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #28909 by Mato
eDocMan and payments was created by Mato
Hi,

i am about to buy eDocMan, thanks to the many features it has : Tags, RSS, Search with pdf indexing, Bulk import...
Their are just a few more things I need to know :
- can we add a "Author" field ? for PDF this is a really important feature.
- will your Membership Pro extension be compatible , i. e. authorize paid download or propose subscription plan ?

Best feature needed :
- The search engine would propose an excerpt of all public & members' docs for a particular keyword, but would require Membership for full view of member docs only.

Do you think I can achieve this with your 2 extensions, or with a little bit of tweaking ?
Thank you for your response,

-Mathieu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #28943 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: eDocMan and payments
Hi

can we add a "Author" field ? for PDF this is a really important feature

=> Unfortunately, it is not possible. You will need customize code of the extension to add that field for the document.

will your Membership Pro extension be compatible , i. e. authorize paid download or propose subscription plan ?

=> Yes, it is possible. Basically, you can config the extensions so that when users purchase a active subscription plan, they will be able to download certain documents in EDocman.

The search engine would propose an excerpt of all public & members' docs for a particular keyword, but would require Membership for full view of member docs only.

=> Yes. I believe the extension is working like that.

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam