Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Smart Search with Edocman and/or PDF Indexer?

• kecurtis
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #30589 by kecurtis
Does Edocman or PDF Indexer have a Smart Search Plugin? If not, do you have any plans for one? I purchased Finder from jxTended a few years ago and it has worked great, but with that option no longer available I need a new PDF indexer for one of my sites and I don't want to go backwards in functionality.

I Purchased Joom Donation from you for another site and it looks to be good and Edocman looks good as well. However, I really need something that supports Joomla's Smart Search.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #30633 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Smart Search with Edocman and/or PDF Indexer?
Hi

At the moment, my extension does not have a Smart Search plugin yet. It is planned feature but I haven't had a chance to work on it yet. I will try my best to implement it within 6 weeks from today (only for EDocman).

Regards,

Tuan

• kecurtis
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #30686 by kecurtis
Sounds good. I went ahead and purchased EDocMan. Reading through your forums it is clear I am not the only person who considers Smart Search to be a critical feature for EDocMan to have.

After installing EDocMan: The one potential issue from my point of view is that only PDF documents that are uploaded directly to the server are indexed. PDF Documents that are linked to an external source using the "File URL" field are NOT indexed (Showing NULL for indexed_content). It would be best for PDF files to be indexed when adding documents using either method. As it stands some information will not appear in the search results in a way that would appear random to visitors of a website.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam