Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

EDOCMAN : One individual document for each user

• Kari Paukku
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32091 by Kari Paukku
Hi,

I have a case where where the site has 3000+ registered users. For each user exists one, just for that user created file that only the user in question should have access. The file name are made of the Joomla username + file extension.

Currently all the files are in one folder and I'm using php to get the userid. Here is an extract of that code

<?php
$user =& JFactory::getUser();
$username = $user->username;
?>

Unfortunately it has emerged that getUser() doesn't always return the username and hence the download fails as the file name will be wrong. One possible reason may be that the the actual download is done in a separate module/page and for that one Firefox looses the user info. Other browsers (safari, opera, IE and Chrome can handle this....)

Could EDOCMAN help here - is there a way to dynamically specify the file name to be downloaded and link that somehow the current user?

Thanks,
Meteli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #32098 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: EDOCMAN : One individual document for each user
Dear Meteli

EDocman does allow you to assign a document to a user. When you create/edit a document, you can choose a user (or users) and only the selected users will be able to view and download that document.

Does it meet your need ? Or you want something different ?

Tuan

• Kari Paukku
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32099 by Kari Paukku
Replied by Kari Paukku on topic Re: EDOCMAN : One individual document for each user
Tuan,

thank you fro your prompt reply.

Well, perhaps, but is it possible to implement this in a way that there is only one joomla article/page that is common to all users and the only thing changing is the link that downloads just the file that belongs to the user?

The second thing is then that I have 2000+ users that each have their own file (e.g. <joomla username>.pdf) . Because of the large volume a manual approach is very error prone and most likely also time consuming to set up.

Thanks,
M

More
10 years 10 months ago #32101 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: EDOCMAN : One individual document for each user
Hi Kari

Well, perhaps, but is it possible to implement this in a way that there is only one joomla article/page that is common to all users and the only thing changing is the link that downloads just the file that belongs to the user?

=> Yes. That is supported by EDocman

The second thing is then that I have 2000+ users that each have their own file (e.g. <joomla username>.pdf) . Because of the large volume a manual approach is very error prone and most likely also time consuming to set up.

=> I think we will need to write a custom script to import these documents instead of creating it manually. However, you will need to pay for this work. This will cost you 60$ for the development.

Regards,

Tuan

• Kari Paukku
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32104 by Kari Paukku
Replied by Kari Paukku on topic Re: EDOCMAN : One individual document for each user
Tuan,

ok, lets do it but as I'm not that Joomla or PHP aware, would you try to make it simple to use as possible.

Would you send the payment instructions for the script and EDocman to me in a private email and I take care of it. Do you think that you could be able to get the script and instructions etc ready for me before or on Saturday?

Thanks for your help,
M.

ps. I log-off now for a couple of hours but will reply to any emails after that.

• Kari Paukku
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32106 by Kari Paukku
Tuan,

one more thing - it is very important that the user only gets the file aimed prepared for just for him/her. Any features and checks that secures that would be good to have.

Thanks,
M

• Kari Paukku
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32129 by Kari Paukku
Tuan,

would you kindly let me know as you make progress o that I'm aware of the situation.
I also need the instructions to make the payment/purchase.

Thanks
M

More
10 years 10 months ago #32196 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Kari

At the moment, we can only received payment via Paypal. Do you have a Paypal account to make payment ?

Sorry for could not reply you earlier. I was too busy at the weekend !

Tuan

• Kari Paukku
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32209 by Kari Paukku
Tuan,
PayPal is ok, just send me an invoice/request for payment or other instructions how to pay and I can so it later today.
Thanks.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam