Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Event Booking: Group events by Seminar Instructor?

• jayhay
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #40731 by jayhay
Hi there!
I would like to use the Events Booking extension to implement the following requirement:

The events we will list are fairly standarf, but for each event created we need to be able to assign one of (roughly) five "seminar instructors", which is the person that will run the event in question.

On the basis of the seminar instructor that is selected, the following parameters must be determined:

1. Which payment methods are available (e.g. some instructors do not accept PayPal)
2. The settings of each payment method (e.g. so that the payment is sent to the instructor directly)
3. Layout/content of notification emails and invoices
4. Tax rate for this payment (since instructors are located in various countries)

My questions to you:

1. Is this possible with Event Bookings as is? If so, how would I achieve this?
2. If not, any thoughts you might have on workarounds - or by combining EB with further extensions to meet these requirements - would be very helpful.

I have 5+ years of Joomla experience and would have no problem with a certain amount of development to achieve these goals if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40796 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking: Group events by Seminar Instructor?
Hi

Unfortunately, these features are not available in Events Booking, but if you know Joomla programming, you can customize it easily to implement this requirements :

1. For each event, you can choose the payment methods you want, so it should solve yoir problem.

2. Unfortunately, only Paypal payment gateway allow you to setup Paypal account for each event, other payment gateways don't allow you to do that.

3. Yes, each event can have it own email messages. The invoice, however, are the same for all events.

4. All events are using the same tax rate, but it is easy to customize it so that each event can have it own tax rate.

So from what I can see, you can start with Events Booking and do some customization to make it works in the way you want. That should not be hard since you are an experienced Joomla developer.

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam