i cant save a submitted event in front end

• Karl-Heinz
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #40873 by Karl-Heinz
i cant save a submitted event in front end was created by Karl-Heinz
Hello,

my problem is:
I create an event in front end. Wehn i want to save the event nothing happens. In the description i have found the following sentences:
Front-end events submission
Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Users/Groups can add events from front-end

but in my configuration i havent found it.
Please help me
Many Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42134 by fridayanimal
Replied by fridayanimal on topic Re: i cant save a submitted event in front end
Hallo

I had the same problem, in my case I've modified the template HTML quite a bit so it didn't feel fair to ask the developer to diagnose straight off, so I did a few hours experimentation until I got it working.

Firstly, the "Front-end events submission: Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Users/Groups can add events from front-end" instruction relates to earlier versions of Events Booking - the permission settings are now under "Components > Events Booking > Configuration > Options (icon on top-right of the 'Configuration' screen.)

If that doesn't fix the problem, is the "Create Event" menu option you've created for the front-end in the top level of the menu navigation, or does it have a parent item? I found that when I moved my button to the top level of navigation (I'd set it up in a sub-menu called "Admin options"), the problem went away and all it worked fine. When it was a sub-menu option, submitting the form just caused the page to go to the Events Categories view and not submit anything to the database - I think it had something to do with my SEF settings.

In any case, it's worth a go.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42185 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: i cant save a submitted event in front end
That's great. Thanks fridayanimal so much for sharing the solution ! I will update the documentation with the correct instruction for the latest version.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam