Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Captcha - Recaptcha not showing

• WACuser
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #42090 by WACuser
Captcha - Recaptcha not showing was created by WACuser
*this post should have been posted in "event booking general discussion" ... sorry

We installed Event Booking and I am able to go through the entire process without errors. However, no matter what I am trying, I cannot get captcha - recaptcha to show anywhere during the registration process.

Checklist:

-Successfully registered out site with recaptcha to get the keys.

-Successfully tested recaptcha during a user registration for the site (captcha shows up and works as intended)

** so I KNOW I have configured the default captcha plugin properly. **

-In event booking -> configuration, choose "enable captcha protection, for both paid and free events"

-In event booking -> configuration, selected "no" for the captcha bypass

And it still does not show. Did I miss a step?

Thanks for the help!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by WACuser. Reason: mistake (first post) sorry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42189 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Captcha - Recaptcha not showing
Hi

At the moment, Events Booking use it own captcha system. Next release, we will replace it with Joomla core captcha instead of the pure PHP captcha at the moment.

If you enable captcha, the captcha will be displayed on registration confirmation page (before you press process registration button). It doesn't work like that on your site ? Could you please send us the link to the registration page so that we can check it ?

Regards,

Tuan

• WACuser
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42214 by WACuser
Replied by WACuser on topic Captcha - Recaptcha not showing
Thanks for the response!

It is indeed not showing anywhere in the process. I step through the pages all they way to the Paypal checkout page without a captcha. You can see the page here:

wacdomes.org/index.php?option=com_conten...cle&id=18&Itemid=127

As for placement of the captcha in a newer release: YES! We need that :-) right now, the captcha would not prevent bots to register (unconfirmed) registrants. And unfortunately, even in the short time that I have been setting this up, the bots have found it. Anyway, that would be a good improvement.

Thanks

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam