Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

OS PDF Indexer and ACL?

• Gerd Schönwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #53056 by Gerd Schönwolf
OS PDF Indexer and ACL? was created by Gerd Schönwolf
We are using EDocman on our site and we we are thinking to purchase OS PDF indexer.
Therefore I have two questions about OS PDF indexer:
Which libraries does it require from Apache since we are running on Virtual Linux Server ?
Does it take care about ACL because we have some "hidden" doc area which should not be indexed or accessible via index?

Gerd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #53086 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic OS PDF Indexer and ACL?
Hi Gerd

The indexer extension has it own library comes with it by default to index PDF document, so there is nothing required from your web server. It justs need fopen function enabled.

Before answering your questions further, how many documents you uploaded ? If you can re-upload documents, you won't have to purchase PDF Indexer extension because EDocman has indexer extension comes with it by default. Please see go to joomdonation.com/forum/edocman/16396-edo...l?limitstart=0#16433 , download, install and use it

If you don't want to re-upload documents, you can purchase OS PDF Indexer. It is integrated with EDocman, index documents and store the indexed content backto edocman, make it searchable. So ACL is reserved.

Regards,

Tua

• Gerd Schönwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #53353 by Gerd Schönwolf
Replied by Gerd Schönwolf on topic OS PDF Indexer and ACL?
I have installed EdocMan 1.5.7 and the plugin EDocman - Indexer plugin is activated.
Here I filled the field File Extensions the value "pdf" and uploaded and re-uploaded an existing document.
(I tried it without value too)
Changed the according edocman directory to 775 access rights no change!

But it seems there was no index added to the joomla index (using smart search)?! What I am doing wrong?

You said additional libs are not needed
(what about thread joomdonation.com/forum/edocman/16396-edo....html?start=10#49937 here www.foolabs.com/xpdf/ is mentioned?)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Gerd Schönwolf.

More
9 years 5 months ago #53369 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic OS PDF Indexer and ACL?
Hi Gerd

At the moment, EDocman doesn't have smart search plugin, so if you use smart search, the indexer will have no affect. This is a feature which we will add support for in the next release of EDocman.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam