Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Events Booking - Several Questions

• Antreas
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #53550 by Antreas
Events Booking - Several Questions was created by Antreas
Hello Tuan.

Your Component seems very promissing and before i buy it i have three questions.

1) I know that the program generates PDF Invoices upon succesfully registration. The number of invoices increaces from 001 to 002 etc. with auto_increment. Right?

But can i have different increment custom number with day stamp or something like that?

2) If we have a group registration event for maximum 20 people, is there a way, when this event closes, the program generate the same event, with the same configuration options automatically, and hide the previous event?

P.S. If question 2 not supported at this time, can we have it in future releases?

3) If i hardcoded the component to meet my customers needs, how difficult is for you, to inform all of us, about the changes or addons to specific code files, in future updates, so we can update to the latest release manually with out upgrade directly from joomla extension manager? I dont want to miss my customers custom modifications or to stack to the same release.

P.S. If you check the rockettheme template updates they inform about specific changes in templates files and you can update manually to the latest release, without missing your custom modifications.

Thanks in advance Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #53569 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking - Several Questions
Hi

1=> It is not supported. However, I think it will be easy to add support for this feature. This is quite simple, just edit the code in a method in helper file. I can point you to the code which generate invoice number and you can customize it to meet your need

2=> We won't have support for this feature. So if you need it, I am afraid of you will have to customize the code yourself to have this feature

3=> It is quite difficult to do that as the component is quite large. I can inform all features which are added when new version release, however, to see what files are changed, what code are added..., it will be difficult

Tuan

• Antreas
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #53597 by Antreas
Replied by Antreas on topic Events Booking - Several Questions
Hi Tuan and thanks for your answers. But let me be more specific...

1=> It is not supported. However, I think it will be easy to add support for this feature. This is quite simple, just edit the code in a method in helper file. I can point you to the code which generate invoice number and you can customize it to meet your need

Ok. I will ask you in the near future [after my purchase] to point me to the code which generates the invoice number.

2=> We won't have support for this feature. So if you need it, I am afraid of you will have to customize the code yourself to have this feature

Ok. Can you implement this to the program (because my client need it badly) and i don't have the time to code so much the component, if i ask for it? Of course i will pay for the custom modification feature. Can you do that?

3=> It is quite difficult to do that as the component is quite large. I can inform all features which are added when new version release, however, to see what files are changed, what code are added..., it will be difficult

No, no, what code are added, but where or which files are modified [files modifications, for example "event.php" or something like that) or what new [again just files] are added. So, the new program files we have to copy them as it is and in existing program files we have to check the code and change only the modifications to the code you have made.

If you tell me again that it is quite difficult to do just that, please can you tell me when are you planning to release the next version for the Events Booking Component v.1.6.8, to make my purchase? Because with the modifications that i need, i prefer the latest version of the program. If i make my purchase today and the new version takes place in the next 15 days, are very disappointment for me...

Please i need your opinion for the above.

Thanks in advance Tuan.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Antreas.

More
9 years 4 months ago #53660 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Ok. Can you implement this to the program (because my client need it badly) and i don't have the time to code so much the component, if i ask for it? Of course i will pay for the custom modification feature. Can you do that?

=> I am sorry. Right now, I am busy as well. So I could not take this custom development.

No, no, what code are added, but where or which files are modified [files modifications, for example "event.php" or something like that) or what new [again just files] are added. So, the new program files we have to copy them as it is and in existing program files we have to check the code and change only the modifications to the code you have made.

=> I will try to do that, but I could not promise 100%. The next release of Events Booking should be in the next two weeks from today

Regards,

Tuan

• Antreas
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #54099 by Antreas
Hi.

I am sorry. Right now, I am busy as well. So I could not take this custom development.

Ok. Thanks. Maybe i'll do it...

I will try to do that, but I could not promise 100%.

Please. This is going to help all the web developers (like me) that we have made customizations and they don't want to lose them or to stuck to the same release for ever. Also your time to do this will add more development reputation and support to your customers.

The next release of Events Booking should be in the next two weeks from today

...i'm counting Tuan for the 1.6.9 version...

P.S. After my purchase i will post here for your help for this feature :

It is not supported. However, I think it will be easy to add support for this feature. This is quite simple, just edit the code in a method in helper file. I can point you to the code which generate invoice number and you can customize it to meet your need

This is the invoice number that i need : 2014.12.09.1735.49... [Year.Month.Date.Time].[Auto Increment Number]but more, after my purchase.

• Antreas
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #55211 by Antreas
Hello Tuan & Happy New Year

I have bought the extension after 1.6.9 release and trying to implement customizations to the code.

Can you please tell me which file and code generates the invoice number; I need to change it to something like this 2014.12.09.1735.49... [Year.Month.Date.Time].[Invoive Auto Increment Number]

P.S.
For the future updates of the extension please consider to tell us the changes you have made in specific folders & files, just like RocketTheme does. This is very good, for our modifications.

For your reference just check the latest template from RocketTheme and their Release Notes bellow :

Release Notes - Myriad Joomla Template - Version 1.1 - 2014-12-08

Bug

• FireFox 34 - initial value of min-width/height on flex items reverted to auto
• Slideshow does not show fullwidth in firefox for android

Changed File(s) and Folder(s):

/less/1200fixed.less
/less/960fixed.less
/less/demo.less
/less/grid-flexbox-responsive.less
/index.php
/templateDetails.xml

Something like this will be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance Tuan.

More
9 years 3 months ago #55228 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The file is components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php, function formatInvoiceNumber . I think you will need to change that function to show the invoice number in the format you want.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam