Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Which setting to ensure events inherit properties?

• Fred Pouillot
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #56046 by Fred Pouillot
Hello,

in Eventsbooking, it seems that by default when I set recurring events and when I make a modification on the first event, the change is not inherited by the whole series. I assume I missed a setting.
Can you confirm where the setting is?
Thanks! And sorry to keep asking so many questions ...
Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #56067 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Which setting to ensure events inherit properties?
Hi Fred

The instruction on documentation should help you. Please have a look at it documentation.joomdonation.com/2-events-...n-of-children-events

Tuan

• Fred Pouillot
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #56106 by Fred Pouillot
Replied by Fred Pouillot on topic Which setting to ensure events inherit properties?
Hi Tuan,

thanks for this, this is exactly what I was looking for.

One of the things I have found useful over time is the ability to change a series of events (children events) but not necessarily starting from the first one; for example we could have a series of events and decide of a price increase applied in 3 months. In which case, changing the price for an event in three months AND ENSURING THIS IS PASSED ON TO ALL SUBSEQUENT DATES is very useful, without changing the prices between now and then. I guess from a user perspective, in your component it would be an option like the one you have, but it would need to be available at the level of each even created.
Just a thought for your up-coming releases ... ;)
Cheers
Fred

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #56138 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Which setting to ensure events inherit properties?
It is nice, but a bit difficult to implement and I am not sure there are many customers need it. So we will leave it as how it is for now and will think about it again when we have some time in the future

Right now, there are still many things we need to add into Events Booking and they have higher priority than this item

Regards,

Tuan

• Fred Pouillot
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #56177 by Fred Pouillot
Replied by Fred Pouillot on topic Which setting to ensure events inherit properties?
Fair enough; thanks for being transparent
Cheers
Fred

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam