Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

EB and Elavon Converge Hosted Payments Page

More
4 years 10 months ago #126113 by JM
Hello. Looking at the Event Booking extension along with the Elavon Converge plugin. I currently have an account with Elavon and have their Converge payment option that has a Hosted Payments page. Before I commit to EB, my question is whether it is possible to have the final checkout price pushed to my Converge Hosted Payment page and have customers enter credit card info on their secure server instead of on my site. Is this something that can be accomplished?

I'm new to the whole e-commerce process and I'm a little unsure/confused on everything I've read about PCI compliance and having things like credit card info entered directly on my site which is what I believe the EB/Converge plugin does. Thak you for your time and attention in answering this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #126114 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EB and Elavon Converge Hosted Payments Page
Hello

Unfortunately, that payment plugin will require users to enter credit card information directly on your site for processing payment, not being redirected to Elavon

Since credit card information is entered directly on your site, you need to have an SSL certificate installed for your site

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #126116 by JM
Tuan,

If credit card info is entered on my site (which has an SSL) is that safe? Is the processing/storing of info handled on my site or done by Elavon? I was always led to believe that if you enter credit info on a site's page, the liability/PCI requirements are strict. To your knowledge, has any of your EB/payment plugin users ever dealt with PCI failures?

Again thanks for the time and any advice or info on the way payment processing works is appreciated.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam