Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Community Builder sync

• hutdji
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #7146 by hutdji
Community Builder sync was created by hutdji
Hi,

is it possible to sync added fields in Community Builder (1.3.1) with added fields in Events Booking?

Thanks and regards,

Henning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7160 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Community Builder sync
Hi

Infact, they are not fully syncronized. Let me explains :

1. If users has an account on CB already, when they login and access to registration form, the data stored in his profile will be used to auto fill-in registration form so that they won't have to enter these information again . However, when users process registration, the data which they entered on registration form is not stored back to Community Builder .

2. If users don't have an account before and you turn registration integration on, users will be able to enter username, password.....to register for an account. In this case, the fields such as first name, last name, ....which users entered on registration form will be stored in user profile in CB .

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Thanks,

Tuan

• hutdji
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #7165 by hutdji
Replied by hutdji on topic Re: Community Builder sync
Hi Tuan,

thank you very much for your promt response!

Ok, your explanation is clear to me and the sync is sufficiently enough for the standard fields. But my special requirements are the extra fields, which I added to the user's profile, like (multi-)checkboxes and text fields. Will these extra fields sync?

Thanks and regards,

Henning

P.S. I try to implement DT Register, but it's so buggy and the support is very bad (my tickets are open since one week). So I wanna switch to your extension.

More
13 years 2 months ago #7791 by Charles Smith
Replied by Charles Smith on topic Re: Community Builder sync
I am working on a registration form with CB integration and I have a few:

1. I have the user registration set to no. I want only site users that I control to have access to the form. When the form is accessed it will fill out the information in the form relevant to the CB Profile and this is what I want.

Two observations:

1. It is strange that EB does not have a mapped field for Email from CB.

2. I have control over custom field for mapping to the CB profile but I do not seem to be able to control this mapping to EB defined fields. This would be nice because I have two parts of the registration form dealing with contact info and I would like the CB Profile only mapped to one person not both.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam