Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

reCAPTCHA v3 and Project Honeypot

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago #159682 by Ernie
reCAPTCHA v3 and Project Honeypot was created by Ernie
I have implemented Events Booking and Membership Pro on several websites. I understand that:

1. Regarding reCAPTCHA, Joomla does not support v3 (although "Invisible reCAPTCHA" is supposed to). I couldn't get it to work right, especially with Google's new "console" setup that makes getting the Key Status out of "Incomplete" and into "Protected" a total mystery!.

I ended up using Community Builder's CB AntiSpam, which offers multiple internal CAPTCHAs AND has reCAPTCHA v3 support. Implementing it and setting Joomla's Global Configuration to use it seems to work properly.

It remains to be seen if if is very effective.

2. Regarding Project Honeypot, I'm a little confused. I see that you have it in the Anti-Spam settings for Events Booking and in an Anti-Spam Settings tab for Membership Pro.

They contain text "..._my_own_website_name" in the Honeypot field name. Am I supposed to leave that there, or am I suppose to fill it in with my own value from the Project Honeypot website?

The Honeypot Field Css Class contains "... invisible to visitors". I assume that's something I should leave alone.

I'm not sure what I should put in the last two fields, if anything. I assume they should be a value that would be reasonable even if someone was logged in and autofill was enabled in the Configuration - so maybe a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 300 seconds (five minutes) for those who need to fill it in?

I just want to be sure I'm doing what is best to protect my customer's sites - I use domain-based email addresses on the site, and use forwarders in the hosting account that forward confirmation messages, etc. to the clients' email addresses. This is because they are government employees using government computers that don't allow them to set up email addresses in their email services (usually Outlook).

Thank you for any insight you can provide for me to optimize these settings.

Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #159688 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic reCAPTCHA v3 and Project Honeypot
Hello Ernie

1. Regarding captcha: If you use group registration, please make sure group registration in Events Booking works well with the custom captcha plugin you are using

2. About Honeypot: Please just leave the default settings as how it is

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam