Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Shared Sessions Issue in Joomla 4

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 months 1 week ago #159683 by Ernie
Shared Sessions Issue in Joomla 4 was created by Ernie
I am upgrading several Joomla 3 sites to Joomla 4. I'm finding that after the upgrade, even though the Global Configuration of Joomla for Shared Sessions is set to "NO", the sessions in the Admin completely synced with the Site - if I log into the Admin and open a tab to visit the Site, I'm logged in already. If I log out of the Site and return to the Admin tab, I've been logged out of the Admin as well.

This is causing me so much trouble in working on the user experience design for all sorts of things where I want to see the effect of settings on the Site when the status is logged in or logged out.

I started this discussion in the Joomla forum and they've gone silent:  forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=811&t=1...6&p=3697806#p3697806 .

I thought maybe there might be an issue with Community Builder, which is installed on all my sites, but they were not able to find anything, either:  www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-memb...session-issue#334591

So I'm coming to you, that maybe you can provide some insight as to whether there is anything in any possible setting in Events Booking or Membership Pro that, in Joomla 4, might be causing this.

I could not find any setting that might cause this, but maybe it's something I would not expect in the Configuration.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #159684 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Shared Sessions Issue in Joomla 4
Hi Ernie

I can tell you that our extensions do not handle anything related to session sharing, so the issue you are having must causes by something else

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam