Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

MemberShip Pro

• Peter Ashford
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160705 by Peter Ashford
MemberShip Pro was created by Peter Ashford
Hello,

I currently use an extension called Easy Profile to collect additional information about my users during registration and they can update at anytime.  It looks like Easy Profile will not be updated to support J4, which is obviously a big issue.

I'm thinking about your membership pro extension, however, at the moment I don't require a paywall around the site for members (that may change in the future).  What I'm interested in is the ability to collect additional information during registration, like I do today with Easy Profile.  I also noticed you have a sync with easy profile.

A couple of questions:

Can I setup your extension to not have plans - just leave it open to everyone and hide any mention of subscriptions?

Does the sync with Easy Profile move the existing profile data I have into your extension, then allow me to remove Easy Profile and switch to your extension for collecting this profile data?

thank you. Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Ashford
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160712 by Peter Ashford
Replied by Peter Ashford on topic MemberShip Pro
Another question to add: If it is possible to bring over existing easy profile data for my users, where does membership pro store this in the DB? Does it use native Joomla custom fields tables, or something specific to membership pro?

thanks Pete

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160713 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic MemberShip Pro
Hi Pete

Membership Pro uses it own database tables to store members data. It only stores basic user data like username, password, email...into Joomla core users database

All other custom fields data will be stored on it own tables. In your case, if you do not need plan, maybe just create a free lifetime subscription plan would be enough

Or if you can find a way to migrate data to use Joomla core users management and user's custom fields, that might be better. Membership Pro might be too big for your need

Tuan

• Peter Ashford
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160714 by Peter Ashford
Yes, that is my concern that it is too big for what I need today, however, a paywall is real possibility for the future.

Going back to the integration with easy profile - would MP sync across all the profile data in easy profile to MP, so I could then remove easy profile?

I can bring over the data into Joomla custom fields, but I guess I'm being lazy!

thanks Pete

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160716 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Pete

Unfortunately, it won't do that automatically. There would be a script need to be written to migrate data from Easy Profile to Membership Pro

Or if you can find a way to export data from Easy Profile to a CSV/Excel file, then you can import that data into the system

Regards,

Tuan

• Peter Ashford
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160717 by Peter Ashford
No problem Tuan. I have a plan to migrate to Joomla custom fields.

Maybe you should look at a lighter version of your extension that just offers the profile features and put a script together for easy profile migration? There are many users affected by easy profile stopping, and there isn't much else out there - some users don't have the skills and just want a solution. Although, I'm sure as a non-coder, I make it sound too easy to do :-)

thanks for your help.

Peter

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #160718 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

That's what Joomla users management and users custom fields do already :)

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam