Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Features of Events Booking

• derekkoopowitz
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #7816 by derekkoopowitz
Features of Events Booking was created by derekkoopowitz
I have some questions for you with regard to your extension. Just to give you some context on our website... we are a national organization that is for aerobatics flying and we have events throughout the year in different districts (in the USA). We currently use the Thyme extension to input events into the calendar - these events are grouped by district. We also have a custom written module to produce a PDF listing of all events (by district) which is also saved off and sent to our publisher which includes this page in our monthly magazine which is printed and mailed to our members.

Here are some links to the Thyme pages:

1. Adding a new event page:

nsrca.us/index.php/calendartop/addnewevent.html

2. Produce an HTML listing of all the events:

nsrca.us/index.php/calendartop/kcal.html

3. Produce a PDF listing of all the events:

nsrca.us/index.php/calendartop/kcalpdf.html

4. Listing of all events and showing a "custom" field such as "contest results" which the user can click on to get detail on the contest:

nsrca.us/index.php/contest-results/2010/d7.html

5. Example registration page:

www.patternflying.com/TempRegistrationPage.aspx

www.mini-iac.com/Home/EventSystem/EventD...7/New/1/Default.aspx

6. Clicking on an event should also display all those that have registered for it:

www.mini-iac.com/Home/ControlPanels/Even...ID/8345/default.aspx

We are looking to upgrade this calendaring system to do the following:

1. Allow an event administrator to enter an event for a category (contest, judging seminar, clinic, swap shop, etc.) for a particular day or number of days. We need to be able to specify the district the event appears in, the location (address), date, time, URL of website for the event, etc. See #1 above in the "new event page" shows the detail.
2. The ability to produce a listing of ALL the events for a year (or date range) - see #2 above.
3. The ability to produce a PDF listing of ALL the events for a year (or date range - see #3 above.
4. The ability to display a listing of all events and have the user click on a "custom" field that we input to display contest results - see #4 above. You can see this custom field in #1 - it allows us to input a URL for the contest results page.
5. The ability to allow a user to register for the event - all our events don't require payment to attend - actually they do, but that payment is made on the day of the event. We won't allow anyone to pay to register online. The registration form should be customizable in allowing the user to specify the following - name, address, email, phone #, class they are flying in, frequency of their radio equipment (these may change). Once a user registers then an email must be sent to the event administrator and the user. Bear in mind that there may be 200 different event administrators (email addresses) since each event is run by a different person - see #5 above.
6. When a user is browsing events and clicks on an event title to display it then one should be able to see the event details plus the people that have registered for the event sorted by class - see #6 above.

I'm sure you include all (or most) of these features but I'd like to know for sure before we purchase. Would it be possible to download and install your software to demo/pilot it to see if it will work for us?

Thanks again,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• derekkoopowitz
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8130 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Re: Features of Events Booking
Not one reply from the sales team? I have sent 2 emails directly to you and have not received a response from those emails either... this makes me rethink your product as a viable option for us. I'll go and take a look at your competitors now - your loss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam