Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

PayPal Standard

• reeg99
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8478 by reeg99
PayPal Standard was created by reeg99
Is PayPal Website Payments Standard a supported payment gateway?

If yes is this included in the EventBooking price or is there an additional plugin to purchase? I only saw PayPal Pro when I took a look around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8479 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: PayPal Standard
Hi

Paypal standard (and Authorize.net, Eway, Worldpay, offline payment) come in download package by default. So you only need to purchase Event Booking, no need to purchase Paypal payment standard plugin .

Thanks ,

Tuan

More
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #8720 by dc41
Replied by dc41 on topic Re: PayPal Standard
Just a followup question on this topic... I assume that the standard PayPal plugin that comes with Events Booking is intended for use with the "Websites Payments Standard" PayPal product. And the PayPal Pro plugin in intended for use with the "Websites Payments Pro" product. Is this correct? If not, which PayPal service do I need to sign up for to use either (both) of the plugins?

Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 3 days ago by dc41.

• reeg99
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 days ago #8724 by reeg99
Replied by reeg99 on topic Re: PayPal Standard
dc41 wrote:

Just a followup question on this topic... I assume that the standard PayPal plugin that comes with Events Booking is intended for use with the "Websites Payments Standard" PayPal product. And the PayPal Pro plugin in intended for use with the "Websites Payments Pro" product. Is this correct?

Yes you are correct, in that Events Booking works with PayPal Websites Payments Standard, 'out of the box' . You don't need to purchase the additional plug-in.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 3 days ago #8725 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: PayPal Standard
Hi

Let me explains :

- The Paypal payment plugin comes with Event Booking by default is used for Website Payment Standard. Customers will have to redirect to Paypal (leave your site) to process payment .

- The Paypal Pro payment plugin (which you see at joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_dm...ut=columns&Itemid=61 ) is used with website payment pro. Using this payment plugin allows your customers to enter creditcard information directly on your site to process payment (they don't have to be redirected to Paypal). To use this payment plugin, you must have a Paypal Pro account (paypal charges 30$/month for this kind of account) .

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam