Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway

More
6 years 10 months ago #100060 by Corey Goffinet
Replied by Corey Goffinet on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
i have to agree with Clifton, after the amount of time it took to get this "plugin" and the features and data the api can produce, i was expecting more than just sending a generic payment through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Virginia Garnitz
More
6 years 10 months ago #100061 by Virginia Garnitz
Replied by Virginia Garnitz on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
I also agree that it is unacceptable. I have been experimenting with J2Store in a dev site. They are also based on opencart. And their $29.00 square plugin works properly with name and email passed through to square properly. If I had the time I'd switch everything over . My new sites will be using the other product if we can't get a properly finished product here.

(j2store also have plugins so you can use drop Box and Amazon As eternal storage for downloads.)

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #100093 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
Dear all,

Sound like the Squareup payment plugin that I made does not meet your requirement and the cost for it is expensive. I am so sorry to make you guys the feel like that. I am thinking about refunding the money for you guys in this case. Please give me the your PayPal emails here so I can send the money back to you guys.

I am so sorry again for this.

Sincerely, Giang

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #100121 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
or you could just add the code from the API to do the following?

Basic features for this should be:

1. process payments
2. refund a payment
3. save the customer details at square via API (link provided) - this should include the "reference_ID" string sent to square matching the Eshop customer #, the customers first and last name at a minimum (link for API call is in my support ticket)
4. pass buyer_email_address to square for chargeback protection (no chgback prot without it)
5. pass billing_address to square for chargeback protection (no chgback prot without it)
6. pass shipping_address to square for chargeback protection (no chgback prot without it)
7. A means to edit the default order status!! How are we supposed to know which orders have shipped and which are complete, if your module sets all orders to "complete" ??

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100556 by Clifton Murphy
sent my paypal email too him more than 2 weeks ago, still not paid back, (and no, im not using the module)...anyone else been paid back?

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100560 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
Hello Clifton,

After taking the time to look at these your requirement again carefully, I am sorry to say that I am not able to make it work like that for you. So I just went to PayPal to refund the money that you paid me last time. You should get it back to your account now.

I am so sorry for this but I have no other way.

Have a nice new week!
Sincerely, Giang

More
6 years 9 months ago #100589 by Corey Goffinet
Replied by Corey Goffinet on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
This is unfortunate. I will now have to switch shopping cart plugins due to the inability to work with us on creating a solution. I am disappointed at best and regret purchasing any of the other payment and shipping plugins. I will be sending my paypal address as well for a refund on the square plugin.

• Virginia Garnitz
More
6 years 9 months ago #100598 by Virginia Garnitz
Replied by Virginia Garnitz on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
I haven't received my refund. Transaction ID 83T7120386116161E

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #102873 by Clifton Murphy
update 8/29/2017 - default order status is now a drop down of available order statuses. screenshot updated.

We have completed a custom Squareup payment gateway module for Eshop with all the requested features which could not be provided here. If you are interested in a copy Email me at sales@funnybugbees.com

Screenshots attached.....

Features:

1. Full API

Uses Squareup API for all features.

2. Refunds from within Eshop Admin > order page

Uses sqaure API and transaction tracking to process refunds on a particular order, which used a particular card, to give refunds to the customer for that particular order. You can choose the refund amount and reason and process it through square for any particular transaction all from inside your Eshop order edit screen. Full or partial refunds are supported. -- SEE SCREENSHOT

3. Refund tracking on order total screen (with updated order totals)

When you give a refund on an order. There is now a row in the order totals breakdown showing the updated "total" and the "refund" amount. -- SEE SCREENSHOT

4. Sends all required data to Square for chargeback protection

Sqaure requires specific customer information be sent during the transaction to give you charge-back protection. The system now sends all required information to square during the transaction.

5. Ability to select default order status for this payment module

A drop down inside the settings for the payment module now allows you to set the default order status that orders placed using this payment module should be set to. -- SEE SCREENSHOT

6. process payments

No more going to Square to process payments. Using the Squareup API all transactions happen in real time right from your cart.

7. save the customer details at square via API - assigns customer ID # in Eshop to saved customer at Square.

Module assigns the customer_ID from Eshop to the customer record created at Sqaure during the transaction. This means it also will not create duplicate customer records at square. If the customer ID already exists at square, new transactions are assigned to that customer at Square, instead of creating new customers for each transaction. Now you will know which transaction in your square transacitons list, belongs to which customer in your store! --SEE SCREENSHOT!

8. pass buyer_email_address to square for chargeback protection (no chargeback protection without it)
Required for chargeback protection.

9. pass billing_address to square for chargeback protection (no chargeback protection without it)

10. pass shipping_address to square for chargeback protection (no chargeback protection without it)

11. When a refund is given, the system spawns a customizable email to the customer saying a refund was given and for how much and gives the reason for the refund.

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Clifton Murphy.

More
6 years 1 month ago #111178 by David Melville
Replied by David Melville on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
I've switched to Stripe. Works well.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong