All questions about EDocman extension

Hide Categories

• kona333
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #37242 by kona333
Replied by kona333 on topic Re: Hide Categories
Hey Tuan,

Any thoughts??? I'm at a point where I have to get it done, so either by you or some contract Joomla developer (I'll have to advertise for one somewhere).

I have another client that needs a downloads system as well, and would also need some custom development on it. But I first have to figure out if edocman will work or it needs to be from scratch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78241 by websolprov
Replied by websolprov on topic Re: Hide Categories
Did you ever get a solution on this one? I find it frustrating there is no batch assignment / process button as with Joomla Articles and Categories, and also I thought that that the access levels for the category would deem that the category would be hidden if the user does not have permission. Its frustrating that this doesnt appear to be working either!

More
8 years 1 month ago #78243 by websolprov
Replied by websolprov on topic Hide Categories
I dont have an Access Level option in the Document page to use, and furthermore the Access Level in the category page doesnt appear to work either. I have created a test category, assigned to a single user group, but a test user that is NOT in that category can still see the category AND worse, access the documents in that category.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #78248 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Hide Categories
Hi websolprov

1. At the moment, EDocman doesn't have batch feature like in Joomla core. We are going to implement support for it in the future

2. About the issues you mentioned, that's strange to us. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of the site? We are going to check to see what's wrong with the settings and guide you to correct it

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam