Taxes - Several tax rates

More
6 years 6 months ago #104802 by Tim Snellings
Replied by Tim Snellings on topic Taxes - Several tax rates
Any update on improving the ability to calculate individual city/county sales taxes? Are you still planning an optional integration/plugin/API with TaxCloud? I still need this functionality...thanks, Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #104839 by John
Replied by John on topic Taxes - Several tax rates
So it's been 2 months since you said that you might have this functionality available (destination based sales tax) ready in 1 to 2 months.

Any updates? I've held off using Joomla/EShop for my friend's site, but I can't hold off any longer. I need a shopping cart that can handle multiple sales taxes, based on the county in which the purchaser lives.

From what I understand of how EShop works, the chosen sales tax rate is based on Geo Zones which are typically (at least in the U.S.) set as states (Colorado, Missouri, etc). We need the capability of having multiple 'sub geo zones', such as cities, zip codes, etc. A sales tax rate could then be set up for each of these 'sub geo zones'. Then, the 'chosen' sub geo zone in the customer's order could be matched up with the appropriate tax rate based on this sub geo zone.

John Rayfield, Jr.

More
6 years 5 months ago #105728 by John
Replied by John on topic Taxes - Several tax rates
Is this something that you're still planning on doing (adding the capability of having GeoZones based on Cities and/or Counties?

I've been unable to find any other shopping cart for Joomla that offers this and this is a requirement in many states in the U.S. This would be a great 'selling feature' for EShop for U.S.-based companies.

John Rayfield, Jr.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong