GDPR Compliance for EShop

• Darren Whiteman
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113030 by Darren Whiteman
GDPR Compliance for EShop was created by Darren Whiteman
Hi

I've updated to the latest version of EShop and was hoping for some additions in there to assist with GDPR.

Specifically, I was looking for a privacy policy checkbox at checkout ( to support the T&C checkbox ) and the facility for customers to delete their accounts directly ( to assist with 'the right to be forgotten' policy of GDPR ).

Has anyone had success is implementing these features on EShop using other methods?

Thanks

Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113107 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic GDPR Compliance for EShop
Dear Darren,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this. I was aware about GDPR law in the Euro. I have been working about this to add some rules into the EShop. Actually, I have been also collecting some suggestions from my customers about what need to be added exactly.

For now, I will do the following things:

1. Add the privacy policy checkbox at checkout. It will be display near the checkout Terms and Conditions.

2. The Interesting Newsletter (when you use Newsletter integration feature): Customers can be only added to the Newsletter if they tick on the checkbox at the checkout.

For other things as deleting user account, log the actions, etc. We still need to investigate more because it maybe related to Joomla core. Joomla maybe also do this I think.

I will update EShop in the end of next week to include GDPR updates and many new other features.

If you or any other ones have other suggestions about GDPR, please post them here so I can check and implement it if it is correct.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davide

• Darren Whiteman
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113136 by Darren Whiteman
Replied by Darren Whiteman on topic GDPR Compliance for EShop
Hi Giang

Great news! A privacy checkbox and link to the article would be a good start. Thank you.

Darren

More
5 years 11 months ago #113160 by Jorge
Replied by Jorge on topic GDPR Compliance for EShop
Giang Dinh Truong, hello!

Please check my ticket, I send you information to help you in this!.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113372 by Tom Lund
Replied by Tom Lund on topic GDPR Compliance for EShop
Yes, interested to see what changes are being made?

GDPR states that if a website collects, stores or uses personal or special category data, website owners must tell users who they are, why they are collecting data, for how long and who receives it; get clear consent, let users access and export their data, inform users within 72 hours of a breach and let users erase their data.

Can users currently login and remove/delete their account?

Thanks,
Tom

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113403 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear all,

EShop 3.0.0 was released today, please read about it here: www.joomdonation.com/forum/released-vers...-3-0-0-released.html

The basic GDPR implement is Privacy Policy checkbox require at checkout is added. Please read more about it here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/general-tips/GDPR

I will continue to collect the suggestion and check more about other items and implement it on the next version of EShop if they are really useful.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jorge

More
5 years 5 months ago #119362 by Adam Becker
Replied by Adam Becker on topic GDPR Compliance for EShop
Hi,

I can't see how to get the Privacy checkbox to show on the forms. The forms throw a warning saying you have not checked the box, but the question is not there.

Adam
Attachments:

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #119503 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear Adam,

Maybe that because you overwrote to the layout of EShop Checkout. Please submit a new ticket so I can help you to check.

Hope to receive your ticket soon.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong