• Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113396 by Giang Dinh Truong
EShop version 3.0.0 released was created by Giang Dinh Truong
EShop version 3.0.0 released

Dear customers,

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of EShop Shopping Cart extension, version 3.0.0 with some big improvements:

1. Compatible with Joomla 4

Joomla is planned to release version 4 sometime this year (it's still ALPHA version now), so I decided to go ahead to work and make EShop compatible with Joomla 4. Whole of source code of EShop was reviewed and improved to make sure that it works well with both of latest Joomla 3.x and Joomla 4.

So basically, you should still build the your website with EShop and Joomla 3 now. However, this should be a good preparation once Joomla 4 release.

2. Support Twitter Bootstrap Version 4

Twitter Bootstrap version 4 was released at the beginning of this year and there have been a few of template clubs build the templates base on this latest version of Twitter Bootstrap. So I have worked to make EShop support Twitter Bootstrap version 4.

If you built new sites using a template base on twitter bootstrap 4, you can configure EShop to use this twitter bootstrap version now.

Beside supporting Twitter Bootstrap 4, EShop also still supports Twitter Bootstrap 2 and 3. So basically, EShop supports full of Twitter Bootstrap versions 2, 3 and 4 now.

3. Added support for GDPR requirements

GDPRGDPR is required from 25th May 2018. As of today, I am happy to have it supported in EShop (at least basic requirement). Please see eshopdocs.joomservices.com/general-tips/GDPR to understand how to have your site compatible with that EU law.

If there are more requirements needed related to EShop, please let me know here, and I will be happy to review and implement it into EShop if it is useful.

4. Cache Compatible

From version 3.0.0, EShop can fully work well with default Joomla System Cache plugin and other third party cache plugins.

5. Layout improvements

Whole of layout and style of EShop on the back-end side and front-end side are also reviewed and improved to make it work perfectly with Bootstrap Framework.

6. Other improvements:
- Batch products improve: Empty the default date for product available date.
- Add Randomly sorting option: So products list on the front-end side can be sorted by randomly now.
- Indexing EShop database tables to improve the speed.
- Fix Google financian link to update currency rate.
- Add New First Data Payeezy payment plugin.

Thanks for using our EShop Shopping Cart extension and continue supporting our developments.

Sincerely, Giang from OS Solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #113435 by Seraph
Replied by Seraph on topic EShop version 3.0.0 released
after update

1. product page tab no longer responsive?

2. cannot submit review to product page?

error - your name must be between 3 to 25 characters

3. copy product not working properly, General data all blank and not being copied & cannot save while creating new product
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Seraph.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113450 by Thomas Bengtsson
Replied by Thomas Bengtsson on topic EShop version 3.0.0 released
The Invoice Layout in messages seems to be corrupted when updating to 3.0
Best regards
/Thomas

More
5 years 11 months ago #113463 by Seraph
can anyone edit products & save? i cannot create new product & edit to save products after update

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #113465 by Paul T
Replied by Paul T on topic EShop version 3.0.0 released
I tried to copy a product to make a new one. The General tab didn't copy any information into it but the Data tab did copy info okay.

When I tried to save the page it stripped the tables and list items out of the description but left P tags in.

I use JCE Editor. I switched default editor to Tiny MCE and it still striped the html out and placed all the text between p tags.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Paul T.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113466 by Seraph
ya, same here, cannot save the product, cannot create new product as well, even when you edit existing product, it will come out error when saving

can the owner pls look into it? this is serious, pls test the update before released

More
5 years 11 months ago #113467 by Seraph
do i need to downgrade now while waiting for the owner to fix the issues??
i urgently need to create & edit product!!

More
5 years 11 months ago #113469 by Niall Jordan
Replied by Niall Jordan on topic EShop version 3.0.0 released
Products not displaying after uploading new version.My store is now Store shut as roll back not helped either!!!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113471 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop version 3.0.0 released

Seraph wrote: ya, same here, cannot save the product, cannot create new product as well, even when you edit existing product, it will come out error when saving

can the owner pls look into it? this is serious, pls test the update before released

Hello Seraph,

Sound like this is an outstanding issue. Please submit a new ticket to EShop category so I can help you to check it on your site first.

Sincerely, Giang

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113472 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop version 3.0.0 released
Dear all,

These sound like some outstanding issues. I will check all of these and get back to all on tomorrow my time.

It's almost mid-night here now.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong