Adding "Forgot Password" link by customizing registration

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125137 by Stephan Hodges
Tuan,

You mentioned that I can create an override for components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/register/register_login.php to add a "Forgot Password" link (to mirror standard Joomla logins)

(This was in www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...to-registration.html )

I have never created an override before. The documentation page ( eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/develop...ion/customize-layout ) says I need to copy ALL the fields (files). Is it OK to just copy the "register_login.php" file?

To confirm, should I copy the file to PATH_TO_YOUR_SITE_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/register and then edit that version of the file?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125140 by Stephan Hodges
I have it working. I looked at and copied the relevant lines from the standard Joomla "Login" module, so these links should work as is without needing further customization.

Here's the code if you want to put it into a next release (without my comments, probably!).

AFTER these two existing lines (55 & 56):
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="return" id="return_url" value="<?php echo base64_encode(JUri::getInstance()->toString()); ?>" /> <input type="hidden" name="login_from_mp_subscription_form" value="1" />

Insert at line 57 of register_login.php:
Code:
<?php //** // * START ---------------------- // * Customize to add "Forgot your password?" and "Forgot your username?" links // * to match standard Joomla login module. // */ ?> <ul> <li> <a href="/component/users/?view=reset&amp;Itemid=302"> Forgot your password?</a> </li> <li> <a href="/component/users/?view=remind&amp;Itemid=302"> Forgot your username?</a> </li> </ul> <?php /** * End of customization for "Forgot your password/username?" * ------------------ */ ?>

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125141 by Stephan Hodges
Here's what it looks like on my test site:

Attachment not found

More
4 years 10 months ago #125150 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Stephan

It's looking OK. I will consider adding a config option to show/hide these links in the next release to make it easier for customers need this option

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #125238 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Since version 3.10.1, this override is not needed anymore. You just need to set Show Forgot Username And Password Links config option to Yes and it will be shown

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephan Hodges