How to add "forgot password" links to registration?

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125056 by Stephan Hodges
The Event Registration page does not show the standard Joomla links to "Forgot your username?" and "Forgot your password?" (See image from your own website login page below.)

How can I get those links onto the event registration? Ideally, they would go in exactly the same place as the standard Joomla login, except on the Event Registration page (see second image).

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125057 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic How to add "forgot password" links to registration?
Oh,

Also a quick way to "fix" the text color on the Login box? It's blue text inside a blue box :(

More
4 years 10 months ago #125062 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to add "forgot password" links to registration?
Hello Stephan

1. We don't support showing Forgot Password Links there at the moment. Will consider supporting it in the future

2. For the color of the button text, look like there is some css conflict here. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and link to the page so that our support staff can check it?

Regards,

Tuan

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125072 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic How to add "forgot password" links to registration?
Thanks.Have submitted ticket #89123

Perhaps there would be a way to create my own override for the Individual Registration module so that I could add text myself?

More
4 years 10 months ago #125085 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to add "forgot password" links to registration?
Hi Stephan

1. Yes, if you want to add the link, then creating override will be the solution. The file you need to create override is components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/register/register_login.php

2. Thanks. We will check and solve the button text color issue and inform you via your ticket

Tuan

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125138 by Stephan Hodges
Thanks. I have created a topic in the Custom Overrides section for questions about how to do the custom override here:

www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...ng-registration.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

More
4 years 10 months ago #125151 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Stephan for sharing your work back to the community

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #125237 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Update your site to version 3.10.1, set Show Forgot Username And Password Links config option to Yes and you can remove the override

Tuan

• Stephan Hodges
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125267 by Stephan Hodges
Thanks!
Is your code responsive? I was wondering because you chose to put the two links on the same line. The Joomla login module puts them on separate lines (one above the other).

Just curious

More
4 years 10 months ago #125272 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Stephan

Yes. It's responsive

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc