New feature ideas for custom fields

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #84851 by Eric vanBok
New feature ideas for custom fields was created by Eric vanBok
I have a need for a new feature for custom fields.

I have a client that uses custom fields for all event pricing. Since the final price for their events varies incredibly based on the options chosen, they need to use custom fields for all pricing for the event. They also offer different pricing to different levels of membership and use the custom fields to help with that as well. The member discount feature in Events Booking just isn't granular enough to do what they need to do.

Also, they do offer an early bird discount, but it is a multi level early bird based on the membership level of the user and the options chosen. So they can't use the Early Bird Discount feature either.

The big issue they have is that since they use custom fields for all the pricing, they need to set them all up with early bird pricing, and then once the pricing expires go back in and change the pricing in all the custom fields.

It would be far simpler if the custom fields had built into it early bird pricing. That way they could set the regular prices for the custom field options, the early bird prices for them, and then set the date when the early bird discount expires.

Or, as an alternative, have publish/unpublish dates for custom fields so that they could set up duplicate custom fields for an event, with one set being for early bird pricing and the other for regular pricing.

The first option is the best from the management standpoint as it means only one copy of custom fields, not two. But they are in dire need of a solution so either will do. I personally would prefer to see early bird pricing built into the custom forms as it seams like the best solution to me.

I am also willing to pay to have this developed. If there are others out there that want these features too, we can pool our money and in the end it costs us all less to make this happen.

I am curious to hear from the developers on their thoughts of this, as well as hearing from other users of Events Booking to gauge how much people might want this feature. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84973 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic New feature ideas for custom fields
Date-triggered custom fields -- I have posted about needing this in the past too (eg: www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...om-fields-in-eb.html ) . Glad I'm no longer alone in needing it :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #84978 by Eric vanBok
Replied by Eric vanBok on topic New feature ideas for custom fields
I am glad there is at least one other person that wants this too! There have been a ton of reads on this. No feedback from Tuan though.

Tuan, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Please keep in mind that I am willing to pay for the development on this. I find it that important.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84983 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic New feature ideas for custom fields
+1 I'd use it the majority of the time

• Eric vanBok
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #85106 by Eric vanBok
Replied by Eric vanBok on topic New feature ideas for custom fields
Tuan,

Do you have any thoughts on this? I am willing to pay for this development. Are you willing to development?

Please touch base on this so that us folks that are interested in this feature know if you are willing to bring it into Events Books.

Thank you.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc