Event booking is not updating

• Naveed Manzoor
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92786 by Naveed Manzoor
Event booking is not updating was created by Naveed Manzoor
Hello,

I am using event booking but it is not updating on latest version it is giving error when i am clicking on upgrade. check screenshot.

prntscr.com/dvgvf1

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92853 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Event booking is not updating
Tuan had said that there might be an issue updating from 2.12.x, and that you would have to do one manual update (due to a system change he made).
Here's the quote from www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...ion-issue.html#92215

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: If you are using Events Booking older than 2.12.2 (or Membership Pro older than 2.7.1) and try to update to latest version using Joomla update eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...on#use-joomla-update , you will get Error Failed to download package issue
The reason is because we implemented an SSL certificate for our website recently, so the download link was changed and it causes the issue
If you get that error, please access to My Downloads menu item www.joomdonation.com/my-downloads.html , download latest version and upgrade it to your site manually for this update
For future updates, you can again use Joomla updates
Sorry for the inconvenience causes by this change
Regards,
Tuan

If the auto update method still doesn't work for future updates, you could try generating a new Download ID at www.joomdonation.com/download-ids.html and copy/paste the new ID into the appropriate field in [EventBooking -> Configutation]. This solved the issue for me a few versions ago (my beta-test site and live site were using the same ID, and each site needs a unique ID).

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Naveed Manzoor
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92860 by Naveed Manzoor
Replied by Naveed Manzoor on topic Event booking is not updating
Hello,

This is my updated Download ID and i have subscription but it is getting error still.
219822188566A4B24D439413BDAEE408
prntscr.com/dwfq2l
Please check.

Thanks

More
7 years 3 months ago #92862 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Event booking is not updating
Perhaps you're running into that issue that @Tuan mentioned.
Do a manual update by clicking the download link (you'll see it in the last screenshot you posted), unzipping the downloaded file, and then install as normal for a Joomla extension (see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting-started/installation for instructions if you need them). All your current data will be retained. You can always install / run Akeeba Backup first if you are concerned about possibly losing data.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc