Problem with Community Builder Integration

• abarrow
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #23804 by abarrow
Hi,
Just installed Events Booking and Community Builder (with the eb plugin) on a new site I'm working on. I created a number of custom fields in EB, and corresponding fields in CB. This is my first experience with EB, but I have a lot of experience with Community Builder.

I just tested the registration form for a test event for the first time. The only fields that are going over to Community Builder after registration is the user ID, email address and the password. None of the other fields are being populated. I deleted the user from EB and CB and tried again. Same result.

I've tried it a couple of times, and also noticed on this forum the advice to change CB name mapping to First and Last Name. That didn't work.

I can't see anything else that I've done wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #23813 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Problem with Community Builder Integration
Hi abarrow

At the moment, the integration is one way only. That means the data stored in CB profile of the user will be used to fill-in the registration form automatically but the data which user entered on registration form has not been updated to CB yet. Will try to spend time this week to work on this feature. Please wait for me.

Tuan

• abarrow
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #23817 by abarrow
Thank you very much Tuan. Any help you can give would be most appreciated. I want to be able to use the original registration for the event to populate Community Builder, so people who are attending the event can view CB profiles on each other (including photographs, etc.). Since this is for a sailing competition, we want to be able to include the social aspects of CB to enhance their experience.

More
11 years 3 months ago #23941 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Problem with Community Builder Integration
Will try to work on this plugin during this weekend. Please remind me about this plugin on Monday next week so that I will remember to send it to you (I am too busy and might forgot about it).

Tuan

• abarrow
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #24201 by abarrow
Any progress on this, Tuan? (you asked me to remind you! :-) )

More
11 years 3 months ago #24216 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Really sorry. I was too busy and haven't had a chance to work on it yet. I promise I will have it ready this week for you. Please remind me on Saturday this week.

Tuan

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #25170 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: Problem with Community Builder Integration
Hi,

I also experience issues with cb integration.

Some of them are already mentioned in here: one way only ... when will this be fixed, so that fields that are entered during eb registration will be updated to cb as well? :whistle:

Another issue is, that eb does not import all cb fields neither! For example, ZIP and Country field of cb are ignored by eb, so that people who have already filled in these information in cb are supposed to do it once again and again in eb form :(

Will this be fixed? My customer is a little bit annoyed about that :S
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Websquirrel.

More
11 years 3 months ago #25184 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I also experience issues with cb integration.

Some of them are already mentioned in here: one way only ... when will this be fixed, so that fields that are entered during eb registration will be updated to cb as well?

=> Sorry, I forgot to update this forum thread. This feature was added to the extension few weeks ago. All you need to do is upgrade your site to latest version of Events Booking (version 1.5.3). Then go to Extensions -> Plugins manager, find and publish the Event Booking - CB plugin plugin. After that, when someone entered information to register for the event, the data will be updated to his CB profile. The integration is now Two ways.

Another issue is, that eb does not import all cb fields neither! For example, ZIP and Country field of cb are ignored by eb, so that people who have already filled in these information in cb are supposed to do it once again and again in eb form

I believe it is just something wrong with your settings, you don't map the correct fields in CB with the correct fields in EB. Please go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Fields Mapping Tab, make sure you set the mapping properly and It will work well. Please do that and update me with the result.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Websquirrel

More
11 years 3 months ago #25202 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: Problem with Community Builder Integration
thank you. Now it works (both) ;)

More
11 years 3 months ago #25207 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc