Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen

• David Chadwick
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39993 by David Chadwick
Replied by David Chadwick on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
Hi Lorraine and others having this problem.

I'm the guy who started this thread and I suspect that the latest version of the Sagpay plugin (and I did a fresh download today, Jan 8th) may still contain errors. I only got this plugin to work by editing some of the code myself.

In various places there is a reference to EventBookingHelper. I believe this may be a capitalization error as all the other payment plugins reference EventbookingHelper (note the lower case 'b') . This was certainly enough to generate a white screen on my hosting server - whether other servers are more forgiving I couldn't say. I'd certainly suggest doing a search and replace.

There also seems to be an anomaly in the function verifyPayment() . This is the function which kicks in when the shopper is directed back to your site after making their payment on the SagePay website. Its purpose ids to mark the booked event as having been paid for.Near the beginning of that function are the following two lines:

$Itemid = JRequest::getInt('Itemid');
$Itemid = EventBookingHelper::getItemid() ;

Apart from the issue with the capital 'B' mentioned above, surely only the first of these two lines should be used, as it's the ID sent back from Sagepay which identifies the booking/transaction. As far as I can see the second line would serve only to 'overrule' or cancel out the value of $Itemid. I commented it out and it all seems to work just fine.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by David Chadwick. Reason: Stray unwanted line at end
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lorraine Pocklington

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #40004 by John Bennett
Replied by John Bennett on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
I'm getting a white screen with Payfast plugin also :^(

• Lorraine Pocklington
More
10 years 4 months ago #40005 by Lorraine Pocklington
Replied by Lorraine Pocklington on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
Awww thanks David - I will give that a try. It doesn't take much to generate a joomla white screen in my experience.
Tuan and his team are usually very quick with finding a fix for things (yes I have managed to white screen it in an earlier version) but this is very useful.
I'm good with databases and general web development but my php debugging leaves much to be desired.
What I will say though to John B and to you if you are new to this product, stick with it because once the couple of test things are ironed out (usually very quickly by T & team), in my experience the events booking component is reliable, comprehensive and works well.

• Lorraine Pocklington
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #40006 by Lorraine Pocklington
Replied by Lorraine Pocklington on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
OK that has done the trick THANK YOU VERY MUCH DAVID.
Only difference is I had to leave that second line in, otherwise still a white screen.... I think this might be because I use SH404SEF though, and that requires the extra fetch (perhaps - I am guessing now...!)
XXX
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Lorraine Pocklington.

More
10 years 4 months ago #40011 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
Hi All

I would like to thank you David to find out the actual error. Yes, the error happens if you are using latest version of Events Booking (maybe version 1.6.0+).

The reason is because I changed coding structure in the extension alitle to use Joomla / PHP autoloader instead of require the file manually (using require_once command in PHP).

So instead of EventBookingHelper, we need to write EventbookingHelper and It will work well. The latest version of the payment plugin on server should contain no errors now .

Thanks again !

Tuan

• David Chadwick
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #40032 by David Chadwick
Replied by David Chadwick on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
Hi All

Glad to know that my fix cured the white screen for Lorraine too (thanks Lorraine and Tuan for the feed]back). I'd certainly endorse Lorraine's view that the Event Booking is a first class component. Despite the minor 'hiccup' here and there with the Sagepay plugin the component is powerful and flexible - by far the best events component for Joomla that I have tried. Full credit to Tuan, not only for creating it but also for providing excellent on-going support.

More
10 years 4 months ago #40033 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Joomla 3 Events Booking Sagepay White Screen
That's great. Thanks David for your nice words (and for the clues you gave to help me fix the issue completely).

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago #40034 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, and if you have few minutes, please help me by giving Events Booking a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/calenda...s-registration/13701 to support my development.

I promise that there are many more improvements coming in Events Booking in the near future (it was slow development in the last two months because I had to spent time to prepare for my new house - just moved to new house last week and now I can spend my full time for development :) ).

Tuan

• David Chadwick
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #40042 by David Chadwick
Hi Tuan

5 star rating and review duly posted on JED and should appear soon. All the best, D

More
10 years 4 months ago #40044 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Many thanks David for your help !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc