Capacity not changing

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79426 by Lesley
Capacity not changing was created by Lesley
Hi folks, another silly newbie question.
I have meets on EB with capacity filled in. In some of them the capacity changes when a place is booked, and in other ones it doesn't so the event looks full. I can't figure out what is different between the two - any ideas of what it could be? They are all in the same category so should be working from the same configuration.
Thanks
Lesley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79482 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Capacity not changing
Hi Lesley

The description of the issue is not very clear to me. Could you please explain more details about it? Please give me as much information as possible so that I can understand the actual issue and guide you to correct it

Tuan

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79499 by Lesley
Replied by Lesley on topic Capacity not changing
I have several events on EB. Some are paid some are free (or free to members). All have a maximum number of spaces. The front end table shows how many spaces, how many booked, and how spaces remaining. When someone books a space the numbers should change eg

10 0. 10
10. 1. 9

This is only happening on free meets and not on paid ones. That could be a red herring and it might be another issue that's causing this. They are all the same category so should use same global configuration. I can't see anything I've done differently in the set up of the individual meets.

Thanks Tuan

Lesley

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79521 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Capacity not changing
Lesley

Are your payments cleared? Or pending?

Calum

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79522 by Lesley
Should be cleared but I'll double check thanks

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79525 by Lesley
It also doesn't show the list of registrants - not sure if this is connected or not.

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79527 by Lesley
Ok so the free events are 'paid' and the capacity changes. The paid for events are 'pending' and the capacity doesn't change. Neither of them show the list of registrants though it's set to show for members (and I'm a member). Help!

Thanks to all for your continuing patience on my steep learning curve - you are all amazing!

Lesley

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79528 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Capacity not changing
OK so the way EB is set up at least by default is that until payment clears the capacity is not reduced, and the registrant list is not populated.

So - are you registrants using say paypal and walking away? Or is paypal not passing the IPN notification of payment back?

If you set one as manually paid from the backend this should change capacity and add to list...

Now you need to decide what workflow you actually want. Some people want the list of registrants as soon as someone joins up... others only want those who hand over the $$$. If you want pending to affect capacity - lets start with what version you are on...

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79532 by Lesley
Thanks Calum

Ok here goes... I'm not sure what you mean by 'are your registrants using say paypal and walking away?' Registrants have to use paypal and will receive an email receipt to say the event has been booked, but the capacity doesn't change. Am I missing another step? I will check the IPN notification if I can work out how to (Im sure paypal have a help team if all else fails)

I made one manually 'paid' and it did change the capacity. Some of the payments were made days ago though - I have a number of emails from from paypal to say a payment was made but it still hasn't changed on the website. Is that the IPN you talked about? (Sorry I really am a newbie!)

As to workflow, we are a small club and mostly know each other, so we have a level of trust that a larger more anonymous organisation doesn't have, and can therefore tolerate a little slack. I think it's important that members get instant feedback that the meet is booked, even if it takes paypal a few hours to transfer the actual money.

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for your help so far,

Lesley

• Lesley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #79533 by Lesley
Oh and EB version 2.4.1

L

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc