• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #100814 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 3.0.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I released the next release of Events Booking, version 3.0.0. This version contains nice improvements and small bugs fixes as below:

1. Improve Categories
- Allow uploading image for each category
- A new menu option called Categories - Events list to display categories and it's event under each category

2. Improve Calendar
- Added Display event using tooltip config option to allow showing events information in tooltip
- Allow selecting categories you want to display events from.
- Remove category calendar menu option.

3. Improve Registrants Management
- Allow fitering registrants base on registration date in a date range
- Custom Fields which have Show In Registrants Mamangement set to Yes will be showed on registrants management (both from frontend and backend)
- Added a tool which allow make a field searchable on registrants management screen. If you want a custom field to be searchable, access to this URL after logging in to backend of your site

domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...le&field_id=field_id

Add adding more fields will make the search slow, I don't add it as configurable setting of a field. This can be considered as an hidden feature.

4. Give more control to menu items which display events. You can choose to:

- Show/hide past events.
- How to sort events.
- How many events to display

for each menu items you created to display events (category menu options, upcoming event menu options)

5. Improve SEO:
- Respect SEO settings from menu item (Page Heading, Page Title, Robots...)
- Allow setting page heading, page title, meta keywords, meta description for category and event

6. Add more settings to event. The below settings are now can be configured for each event (default to Configuration setting)

- Collect Members Information
- Prevent duplicate Registration

7. Add new horizontal layout to upcoming events module

8. Improve email layout, reduce the need of many css code

9. Some other changes:

- Raise system requirement to PHP 5.4. It allows us to use PHP traits feature to improve code quality, remove repeating code.

- Easier location creation: Now, you don't have to enter city, state, country, zip code for each location anymore. The full address of location can be entered directly into Address field

- Re-organize Themes configuration page to make it easier to find neccessary settings to change when needed

10. Bugs fixed:

- Payment processing fee is not calculated properly when deposit payment is used.
- Calendar is displaying wrong month issue causes by some changes in Joomla 3.7.0 API
- Fix resize image issue with PNG images (causes black background)

Update notes:

1. As this is a new release with alots of code change, before updating, you should make a full backup of the site so that in case something goes wrong, you can roll back

2. If you have a menu item which link directly to category calendar layout, please change it to link directly to Calendar layout and choose the category which you want to display events from

Thanks for using our product and continue supporting our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel Charrier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joyce van Heerden
More
6 years 9 months ago #100821 by Joyce van Heerden
Replied by Joyce van Heerden on topic Events Booking version 3.0.0 released
Hi Tuan,
I tried to install the update, but got error messages, one on install, and one on clicking the link for manual installation.
See attached screenshots.
Cheers, j.
Attachments:

More
6 years 9 months ago #100825 by Klaas Schoute
Replied by Klaas Schoute on topic Events Booking version 3.0.0 released
I'm having the same problem as Joyce.
Could the problem be caused by an expired license?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100826 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.0.0 released
@Joyce: Look like the Download ID you are using is used for a different domain already (can be a dev site or localhost) and it causes the issue. Access to www.joomdonation.com/download-ids.html , generate a new Download ID, enter it into Events Booking -> Configuration and it should be OK

@Klaas: Could be (I checked your account but don't see order associlated with it, so i am unsure). We provide free upgrade for one year for each purchase, so if the purchase was from more than one year ago, then it was expired and you the update won't work

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joyce van Heerden

More
6 years 9 months ago #100827 by Klaas Schoute
Replied by Klaas Schoute on topic Events Booking version 3.0.0 released
Hi Tuan.

Strange when I just watched my orders, I saw event booking between them. Only it was expired 2 days ago.
But why is it leaving my order overview now? I will purchase immediately :cheer: .

• Joyce van Heerden
More
6 years 9 months ago #100828 by Joyce van Heerden
Replied by Joyce van Heerden on topic Events Booking version 3.0.0 released
Yep, dev site.
Problem solved.
Thank you!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100829 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Klaas. To be more clear, I am willing to send you latest version if it was just expired 2 days ago in case you don't want to renew your subscription

However, of course, renew the subscription to continue receiving support and update would be better (for me, sure and maybe for you :) )

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100830 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Joyce Great.

More
6 years 9 months ago #100831 by mjhi11
Replied by mjhi11 on topic Events Booking version 3.0.0 released
Tuan, I'm struggling. Per your instructions, "If you have a menu item which link directly to category calendar layout, please change it to link directly to Calendar layout and choose the category which you want to display events from."

mlc-cad.com/menu-events

I've tried this but I'm getting an error. I choose Calendar, then on the next tab I choose the "all events" category but I get this error message.

YOU HAVE AN ERROR IN YOUR SQL SYNTAX; CHECK THE MANUAL THAT CORRESPONDS TO YOUR MYSQL SERVER VERSION FOR THE RIGHT SYNTAX TO USE NEAR ')) AND ((`EVENT_DATE` BETWEEN '2017-07-01 00:00:00' AND '2017-07-31 23:59:59') O' AT LINE 4

And if I stay with the previous strategy of choosing the category calendar layout and selecting the calendar I get nothing showing in the calendar.

mlc-cad.com/all-event-locations/solidworks-events-menu

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100835 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check it directly on your site?

Tuan