Go Cardless Plugin

More
5 years 10 months ago #114319 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Eoin,

Yep that's true and hence why I turned to a dev for my need for GC.

Yes, I'm in for that kind of agreement and I will contact you as requested at your site, as to get GC ability back up and running and trusting it as a payment processor going forward, being in the UK myself is huge really - many prefer DD's, as you well know.

P.S. your site seems to be lacking any form of CSS visual at present my end, may want to look into it - possibly JCH :)

I'll send you an email over now r.e. the above.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118173 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Ok it's looking like this is going to cost me £210. Which I don't really want to swallow alone. Particularly as the client doesn't see the value.

@PhoenixUK if we can get enough people with interest we can split the costs. Or I could dev it and sell it to people (not you obviously). But there hasn't been a lot of interest so far on this thread.

Or if you wanted to go halves then I would find that more manageable and I'd sell it via a website I'm making and we could pay ourselves back as the sale happen (if the sales happen).

More
5 years 6 months ago #118174 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Go Cardless Plugin
To be honest, I've already paid out once to have this made (based on Tuan's MembershipPro original version), so it's hard for me to swallow another payout on it in a way, I shall need to think about it carefully.

I would need to know exactly what the £210 is made up of, as in what is planned to be dev'd for that £210 and in effect an itemisation of expected work required.

I will do some test dd submissions now with it, as it's still in my site but not live, so I will put it live on my site but in GC test mode and submit some test payments and see if it still proceeds correctly. You see, I'm sure that it doesn't need a full rebuild from scratch or anywhere near that and just some tweaks from the version of GC that the payment plugin was built with being updated but I of course am not a programmer admittedly.

Regards,

More
5 years 6 months ago #118175 by Eoin Feeney
Honestly, I didn't even get that far as testing it because I didn't have it. But I'll install it and see what it says. If we can see an error message then perhaps it is not so difficult to see the change. I'll have a look and see if it's something I could do myself.

I'm aware you have already paid which is why I put it here instead of emailing you directly. I thought if we could get others interested then it would be cheaper.

This quote was not for a full rebuild, that would have been significantly more development work. But you're right, let me have a look with my own eyes and see what error messages come back.

More
4 years 3 months ago #131169 by Bob Burbidge
Replied by Bob Burbidge on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Hi Eoin,
Did you ever get anywhere with this? We desperately need a working plugin that can handle Membership Pro subscriptions.

Bob

More
4 years 3 months ago #131194 by Eoin Feeney
Hi Bob, I'm sorry I didn't. My client moved away from using OS Membership as they had an industry specufic membership platform that they integrated with instead. So it took a back seat. I'd still really like to get this done at some point but I'll wait for a client to require this before going ahead.

If you have any commercial interest in doing this then please let me know and I'll quote on it. I'm sure Phoenix UK is still interested too.

I created a temporary work around by creating another payment method which linked through to Go Cardless whilst I was waiting to resolve the previous issue. I don't know if that helps you or not. I use a language override I believe possibly in the backend of OS Membership. I can't remember for sure but possibly I used the cash option and changed the text.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131538 by Bob Burbidge
Replied by Bob Burbidge on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Hi Eoin,
Thanks for this and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Ive been away for a short while.
Our problem is that we use Joomnation Membership pro for our membership management and control of access to the website so that we can deny access to none renewals.
Membership Pro needs to have a cheap secure payment gateway to cut down and streamline on administration cost especially on checking who has and who has not paid subs and making manual changes to their membership status
Our organisation is a small Not For Profit one and every year renewals are a nightmare.
Please can you quote what the cost would be for your workaround and how this works and to also to deal with a proper resolution to GC working seamlessly with Membership Pro.
Regards,
Bob

More
4 years 2 months ago #131556 by Eoin Feeney
I understand, makes sense. Do you want to email me so we can discuss. eoin@squareballoon.co.uk

More
4 years 2 months ago #131570 by Eoin Feeney
I think this plugin will cost about £400-500. If there are a few of us then we can split that cost. I don't actually have a requirement for this, but I would happily maintain / sell it. But I can't very well pay that price and sell it for £30 to two people as that makes no business sense.