• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #83986 by Mark Skillin
Putting subscribers in wrong group was created by Mark Skillin
Hi Taun
I have just had a new subscription in which should have assigned the user to into the subscribers group, it didn't it assigned them to the registered group. I have noticed this a few times since the latest update. Could you please look into this. Thanks.
Also, I have made a few changes to my plans, mainly reduced the price. I notice that the dashboard continues to show the old amount when they renew. The invoice amount is also wrong and show the old amount How do I sort this problem.
Cheers
Mark
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Mark Skillin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #84007 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Putting subscribers in wrong group

I have just had a new subscription in which should have assigned the user to into the subscribers group, it didn't it assigned them to the registered group. I have noticed this a few times since the latest update. Could you please look into this. Thanks.

So basically, you want to assign subscribers to both Registered user group and Subscriber group? Maybe there is something wrong with your settings, please send us super admin account of your site, tell us what plan to subscribe to see the error

We are going to check to see why the error happens and get it sorted

Also, I have made a few changes to my plans, mainly reduced the price. I notice that the dashboard continues to show the old amount when they renew. The invoice amount is also wrong and show the old amount How do I sort this problem.

=> I don't really understand this issue. Could you please explain more details? Maybe making a screenshot explain the problem so that I can understand and give you the answer?

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84100 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic Putting subscribers in wrong group
Hi Tuan,
We will sort out the first issue at a later date as it is no big deal for me to check the group when the orders come in.
As for the second issue.
I have reduced my charges for a few plans. I have updated (manually) their paypal recurring subscriptions to reflect the lower amount. On renew the system still invoices out at the previous higher rate. How do I update existing subscribers to the new lower amount charged.
I hope this makes sense.
Cheers
mark

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #84169 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mark

It is not possible to change the subscription amount once it is created. The reason is because the amount has already registered with the payment gateway at the time people sign up, and there is no way to change it

Regards,

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84173 by Mark Skillin
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for the reply. Thats not strictly accurate. I cant speak for other gateways but with Paypal you can change the subscription amount. At the moment when a subscriber renews I am collecting one amount but the system is invoicing out a different amount.
The thought of asking all my customers to cancel their subscriptions and re-subscribe to the new lower priced plan is not very appealing.
I really hope you can come up with a work around.
Cheers
Mark

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #84175 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mark

How you can change subscription amount (for PayPal) when it was subscribed before? Changed it from within your PayPal account?

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84178 by Mark Skillin
Hi Tuan,
Yes, just change the amount within your paypal account, I believe there are restrictions on just how much you can increase it by but none when it comes to lowering the amount.
Cheers
Mark

More
7 years 9 months ago #84188 by George
Replied by George on topic Putting subscribers in wrong group
I have the same problem with user being registered in wrong (default registration) group instead in the one allocated for the subscription plan. Please could you let me know if you have managed to sort it out?
Thanks.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #84217 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi George

Please submit a support ticket so that we can check it directly on your site to see why it happens and get it sorted

@Mark: Since you have to change it directly on your PayPal account, there is no way for us to do it automatically (using programming to update payment amount for existing subscription). Or maybe I understand your issue/explanation in a wrong way?

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84224 by Mark Skillin
Hi Tuan,
Yes I am aware that you can not change the payment gateway side of things. How do I change the details for existing subscribers within your program to reflect the lower amount charged. I find it difficult to believe that no one changes a plans value once it has been created, mu question is how do you apply those changes to existing subscribers.
Cheers
Mark