Putting subscribers in wrong group

More
7 years 9 months ago #84225 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Putting subscribers in wrong group
Hi Mark

As I mentioned, the amount is registered with the payment gateway at the time people sign up and it could not be changed after that. The payment gateway is the one processes payment and it is based on the payment amount we registered with them at the time people sign up

If you change settings of the plan, it will only affect new subscribers. For existing subscribers, they will still be charged the old subscription fee.

That's a limitation of the payment gaeway, it doesn't allow us to program to change the payment amount for existing subscribers

Hope my explanation is clear to you now

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84229 by Mark Skillin
Replied by Mark Skillin on topic Putting subscribers in wrong group
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for the reply. Yes your explanation is clear. Unfortunately for me and I suspect many others it puts a large question mark on the long term viability of your software. To my mind the idea of a recurring subscription is to not have to bother the subscribers with changes. Please bear in mind that nothing stays the same - even paypal has recognised that by allowing us to change the subscription amount.
The way I see it is the problem has nothing to do with the payment gateway as once that is set up its out of you jurisdiction. The problem is that there is no way to adjust existing subscribers.
regards
Mark

More
7 years 9 months ago #84234 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Mark

The problem is not with the software itself. it is the limitation of the payment gateway. PayPal allows you to change subscription amount from within your PayPal account but it doesn't allow us to changing it via programming, so the software cannot do anything in this case

(I am talking about PayPal payment standard which is used by most of users). It might be possible with PayPal Pro (I haven't looked at PayPal Pro yet but for PayPal payment standard, It is not possible)

Regards,

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #84241 by Mark Skillin
Hi Tuan,
I appears we are not on the same page. I can appreciate the problems changing the Paypal subscriptions programmatically.
I have done the paypal subscription changes manually, I now need to tell your program about the new amount so it invoices out correctly. If this cant be done by programing can you at least tell me which database fields I need to update manually.
Regards
Mark.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Mark Skillin.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84276 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, I see now, So you just need to change the amount which is stored in the database at the moment to generate the invoice ?

If so, right now, it is stored in #__osmembership_subscribers table in params columns in JSON format. I can see that it is possible to program to change the amount, too. But it will take few hours of working, I guess

(Sorry I mis-understood you before, I thought you want the amount change from your site update the subscription automatically at Paypal)

Tuan

• Mark Skillin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84357 by Mark Skillin
Hi Tuan,
That's great, I will change the amounts manually. Although it would be great if this is a feature you could add at a later date.
Cheers
Mark

More
7 years 9 months ago #84361 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mark

Yes. Will do. I know there are still many rooms to improve the extension and I am still working hard on it

Tuan