Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92601 by Martin Quessenberry
Replied by Martin Quessenberry on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
We have been live and been accepting membership payments for over a week now (monthly and yearly). Everything seems to be working as intended. I do have a question that came up the other day -

"If you click on an article, then go to the log in prompt, then log in, it directs you back to the home page. Is there a way to direct you straight to the story you are already on when you log in?"

I know the module allows for redirection, I have it set when you log-out. Is there a setting that I may have missed that would do this?

ADDED Question: Also, is there a way to add a member for FREE?

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Martin Quessenberry. Reason: Added new copy and an additional question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92642 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Hi Martin

1. To add members for free, please go to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions in the backend of your site, add a new subscription record for that member

2. I don't understand your first question. Could you please let me know how it is working currently on your site? Maybe send me the link to the article so that I can look at it

Tuan

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92644 by Martin Quessenberry
Replied by Martin Quessenberry on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Tuan,
Great, thanks so much!

Clarification for Question #2:
"If you click on an article, then go to the log in prompt, then log in, it directs you back to the home page. Is there a way to direct you straight to the story you are already on when you log in?"

For instance, I'm not a member (yet) I read part of the article and I like what I see, I now would like to become a member and subscribe to the site so I click to become a member, I go through my sign-up process and submit my subscription. I'm directed to my confirmation screen with my subscription details as well as an opportunity to log in - when I login it directs me back to the index page. The question is there code (or script) that would allow the user to be directed back to the article they had been reading when prompted to subscribe?

Site:
lightninginsider.com/

Article Example:
lightninginsider.com/index.php/game-reca...n-hand-for-lightning

thanks again!
Marty

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #93075 by Martin Quessenberry
Posting the below in the event you missed it

I see in my joomla admin that Membership Pro is requesting an update, I also have an update for Joomla version. Should one be updated before the other? AND is their any know issues to look for when updating?

Previously Posted Message:

Tuan,
Great, thanks so much!

Clarification for Question #2:

For instance, I'm not a member (yet) I read part of the article and I like what I see, I now would like to become a member and subscribe to the site so I click to become a member, I go through my sign-up process and submit my subscription. I'm directed to my confirmation screen with my subscription details as well as an opportunity to log in - when I login it directs me back to the index page. The question is there code (or script) that would allow the user to be directed back to the article they had been reading when prompted to subscribe?

Site:
lightninginsider.com/

Article Example:
lightninginsider.com/index.php/game-reca...n-hand-for-lightning

thanks again!
Marty

More
7 years 3 months ago #93117 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Hello Marty

Unfortunately, it is not supported. However, I think you can try to use this option:

1. Go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, find the config option Auto Login, set it to Yes

2. Set Send Activation Email Config option to No

3. Set only create Joomla account after subscription completed/active to Yes

Then when someone complete subscription, they should be logged in automatically by the system and also, they mighgt be redirected back to the article page automatically if I remember correctly

Please try to setup the system like that, then check it again and let me know if it works

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Quessenberry

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #94218 by Martin Quessenberry
Tuan,
Since launching and creating our two membership plans ($4.99/monthly and $40/yearly) all was working well. I noticed yesterday that a few of my early (monthly subscribers) couldn't login, I checked Stripe and their payments were received for renewal and were successful. I then checked Membership Pro and noticed that these few accounts were labeled inactive and that their end date was 2-12-2017 (even though their payment was successful?). When I clicked in plans (then clicked on $4.99 plan) I noticed that the feature "Enable Renewal" was set to "NO" would that have been the cause for this? It seems when I turned that to "YES" that they could log-in. I have one subscriber set to renew this Friday (2:30pm EST) and will be monitoring to be safe.

Thanks for any help or advice on this issue - have a great day!

More
7 years 2 months ago #94224 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The question is the plan is onetime or recurring subscription plan? If it is recurring subscription plan (Recurring Subscription set to Yes, then Enable Renewal doesn't need to be Yes

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #94225 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Also, if it is possible, please make sure you update your site to latest version 2.7.1 of Membership Pro. You might use an old version at the moment

Tuan

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #94229 by Martin Quessenberry
yes, it's a recurring subscription and it's set to "YES" I was confused on why the few subscribers couldn't login after their month was up, even though we received payment? That's when I noticed that the "ENABLE RENEWAL" was set to no, when I switched it to "YES" the subscriber could log-in - confused

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #94230 by Martin Quessenberry
Do I need to do anything else outside of just selecting update? Is there any risks that I would need to be aware of? Thanks again for all of your help!