• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #111645 by Bill
Status Pending was created by Bill
Hi Tuan,

Please can you help me understand the logic of the system when it applies to payments. I understand that when a subscriber pays his/her subscription fee via the payment portal and something goes wrong at the stage where the payment service provider checks the credit card and, for whatever reason, the charge is declined by the bank a post is made to our cancel page. The subscriber complains to us that they are unable to process the transaction and are unable to re-enter the system. When I check at the back-end I see that their record status is set at "Pending" but their Plan is still set at "Member" for which a valid subscription must have been paid. This means that I have to manually change their record to show "Active" and a plan type for which no subscription is required (what we call "Interested Person"), thus allowing them to re-enter the site and, hopefully, upgrade their plan to "Member" and pay the subscription.

It would be so much easier if, in the above circumstance, the system automatically change the plan to the one for which no subscription is required (i.e. Interested Person") and show the status as "Active". That would allow them to try and pay again wthout manual intervention at system level.

It is possible that I have not correctly understood the logic, in which case please let me know. Alternatively can you point me to the appropriate cancel page file so that I can change the coding to achieve what I require?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #111647 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Status Pending
Hi Bill

To be honest, I don't really understand the problem you are having. Exactly what payment method you are using? To be more clear, when users are being redirected to payment gateway, and if they don't make payment, they will be in Pending status

I don't know why they cannot login as you said. Maybe it's because their account is not activated/enabled. If that's the case, I would suggest you to use this setup www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...ions-tab.html#111646

Tuan

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #111768 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Status Pending
Thanks Tuan.

I have changed the setting of "Only create user account when membership active/approved" to Yes. The other settings are as set out in your reference. I hope that this doesn't mean that I have to approve every application manually.

Regards,

Bill

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #111788 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Status Pending
Hi Bill

No, you won't have to do that. When payment is made, the subscription will become active and Membership pro will create user account for user automatically

You won't have to do it manually

Regards,

Tuan