OS Property support center

Too Many Bugs for Live Site

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #27276 by Alan
Too Many Bugs for Live Site was created by Alan
First bug
[strike]Advanced search nulls the main mega menu, no other Osproperty page does this[/strike] Fixed in 2.0.5

Second Bug MOST IMPORTANT
Auto approve does not work properly. Email sent to agent it has been approved, but it does not display in random properties or the property tags, or the random property in front page menu, or is not found by any search results, the End publishing date was also not added.

Third Bug.
Search property regions does not work and returns the search page every time.

Fourth Bug
Tags do not work and goes to search module and when not allowing property title tags module gives fatal errors.

Fifth
Slideshow not matter what I try I cant get it to work

Sixth Bug
I think the image explains it every time a post is saved.

Seventh Bug
Not sure if this is a bug but I have save to favourites disabled yet I get the save to seach results button showing is this the same?

Seventh Bug
Not so much a bug but a bad idea.
In agents control panel state and city is mandatory when editing profile, if its not listed they get the error message. I think these fields
should be input ones and not rely on the property listing fields. I don't want the need to activate ALL countries for easier property search reasons, and I dont want to fill the database up with All regions.
Obviously this would not be a problem with one or two agents using this component.

This has the makings of a fantastic component if it could be better adapted for personal requirements. For instance I dont require price as that would be seasonal, I dont require property type its rental only, I dont require public or registered viewing, I dont require document upload etc etc, yet there is no options to null these. Editing of core files would make upgrading a nightmare if the core files were edited.

We need to consider most internet users are not internet savvy
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Alan. Reason: Will correct if fixed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #27278 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
Hello Alan,
Thank you for your bugs reporting, we will check the product following your list and get back to you.
Please send your site information of your site with super admin so i can install the update version into your site when we complete the work.
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 2 months ago #27281 by Mr. Dam
Hello Alan,
After checking the system again, we have some comments like bellow
1. After enter property in the frontend, if you already select auto approval in backend, the property must shown in the frontend. In your report, you said the property isn't show, i think the property is missing state/city or property type.
2. Search property by region field in locator search and advance search, i confirm it's the bug,
3. Tags do not work and goes to search module and when not allowing property title tags module gives fatal errors. Can you explain more details this issue?
4. Slideshow not matter what I try I cant get it to work, i need your site information for checking this issue.
5. I think the image explains it every time a post is saved, you mean the slashes problem in property description, this bug has been fixed from version 2.0.5, i don't know why you still have it. Please send me your site infomation for checking it.
6. Save search list, it's not favourite button, when one customer search properties, they will enter search criteria. In some cases, customer want to follow the search result in future visit, they can save the search criteria for next searching time.
7. I am understand what you mean, you want to make the fields like state, city or category are not mandatory... and some other customers want it also. But you know, one system can't satisfy all customers, almost customers want they can use dropdown states, cities list for searching v.v. Some other customers want to have power advance search/locator search function with property type tabs with price lists.
My purpose is OSP can satisfy almost customers, it's really hard to be able to satisfy all customers.
P/s: Please send your site information to : damdt@joomservices.com
Regards,
Dam

More
11 years 2 months ago #27283 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
Hi Dam
I have installed 2.0.5 thats how I found out mega menu worked ok.

The random pics yes for some reason I discovered the city and some other data was not inserted into the DB and its working now but I need to test it a few more times.

The tags module would you believe now works as it should do excellent!

Slideshow yes please you can check that one its driving me nuts :lol:

Search by region now works for me although it would be better if the results were on a different page for instance locator search page, or maybe an option to insert our own return url. If the module is placed on the home page and the user as in my case has sidebar-main-sidebar the returned results get squshed up and looks terrible.

My thinking behind the agent/owner having different address options is to limit empty returns for property search. I now how frustrating it can be to see a load of country/region options and keep getting nothing found. so yes maybe not having the region mandatory would be the answer and if the owner was that bothered they could contact the site owner and they could insert the specific options so the option was available for them to choose. Thus not filling up the database with a load of unnecessary search options of states and cities that would never be of use.
Just wondering if a owner was to list his address as USA>NewYork would this also be returned in the region property search even if there was no property listed there?

Hope you can make sense of that :)

Ok will email you later. oh and like the new improvements in 2.0.5 search all round seems a huge improvement, set the amount of images upload, yes excellent

Alan

More
11 years 1 month ago #27362 by Mr. Dam
Hi Alan,
I have answered to you by email. Please check
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

More
11 years 1 month ago #27388 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
Not really a bug just an oversight
language file there are 2 instances of this

OS_YOU_DO_NOT_HAVE_PERMISSION_TO_GO_TO_THIS_AREA="You do not have permission to go to this area"

More
11 years 1 month ago #27404 by Mr. Dam
Ah yes, you can remove one :) That's small issue
Thank you
Dam

More
11 years 1 month ago #28309 by cmtrig
Replied by cmtrig on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
Hi Dam,

Whenever I add a property through the Front End, I am getting a bad Expiration date:

Where can I fix this?

Charlie Trig, Trig Web Design
www.trigwebdesign.com
Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #28313 by Mr. Dam
Hi cmtrig,
What's your OSP version?
Thanks
Dam

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #28314 by cmtrig
Replied by cmtrig on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
version 2.0.4.5, but I had to do a lot of bugfixes and modifications to make the client happy. The Search did not work at all, we had to fix that, and then move certain search parameters to the main search areas. I had asked your for help on this, but you said it could not be done. We did it and got it to work.

We are afraid that upgrading to 2.0.5 will break all of our hard work to customize the component for our client. This is going to be a very big site with large ad budgets; we need it to work for the thousands of people per day that will be using it across the USA.

I can give you Admin access, FTP, anything you want to get this working. Extra fees are also not an issue, again we have a very large budget for this project, it HAS to work.

We chose your program over other Realty Components for the Walk Score and Radius Search, elements that others did not have. Please help us not regret that decision. Live site: www.seniorhousinglistings.com

Charlie Trig, Trig Web Design
www.trigwebdesign.com
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by cmtrig.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan