OS Property support center

Too Many Bugs for Live Site

More
11 years 1 month ago #28315 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
You can write your site information with super admin, ftp account to damdt@joomservices.com, we will check the problem when adding new properties, and we won't install the latest version.
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #28484 by cmtrig
Replied by cmtrig on topic Properties not Auto-Approved
When adding properties, properties are not being approved and published in the system, although it displays a message that the listing was saved, published and approved.

The component is set to auto approve properties, and we are using OSMembership to limit how many they can upload. That is not working either, they can upload more than what we have the limits set to in the Subscription - I will post a forum entry in that area as well.

My client is getting very frustrated with this program, we have had so many bugs and issues she is feeling like we made the wrong choice with OSProperty. Please help me to restore her faith and mine.

Charlie Trig, Trig Web Design
www.trigwebdesign.com

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #28487 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
I can't complain about the support but I agree we are all beta testing this script on live sites.
Instead of developing the script more and racing ahead, releases should be bug fix releases only up until a final release,
Then further development releases after the finals be release candidates so these beta releases can tested on test sites until the next final release with all bugs fixed
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Alan.

More
11 years 1 month ago #28488 by cmtrig
Replied by cmtrig on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
Amen brother.

Charlie Trig, Trig Web Design
www.trigwebdesign.com

More
11 years 1 month ago #28517 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
Hi all,
As you can see when we release new version, in the change log, we list all new features with bugs fixed of that features.
We found the bugs when we test the system in localhost or demo server, we also receive the bugs reporting from all customers, whenever we receive the report, we will check and fix if it's the bug or logic issue. It will be updated into the package for next version released.
To be honest, OS Property is quite big system and it will contain potential bugs, with the responsibility of developer, we always are testing system to find the log issue or bugs, and we also appreciate the feedback of customers regarding to the nice features need to be implement and the bugs report in current version.
@cmtrig: As i replied to you in email, you don't need to pay for someone to fix the bugs if they come from OS Property, we have the responsibility to fix them, not only for you but also for other customers. By now, you have modifed something in your OS Property, and you told me a bugs with membership integration. That bug has been fixed from version 2.0.6. (By now, current version 2.0.6.2), but the most important is we can't install the latest version to fix the issue for you. My team should check your source code again to find and fix the bug. So it need more time than other customers. We hope you can sympathize with us about this, we will update news to you through emails.
Regards
Dam

More
11 years 1 month ago #28537 by zenoni
Replied by zenoni on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
I think that OSP version 2.0.6.2 is quite mature for live site. There are still small issues. I'm mainly concerned with this: joomdonation.com/87-features-wish-list/2...formation-block.html

More
11 years 1 month ago #28545 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Too Many Bugs for Live Site
2.0.6.2 is still a bug fix release for calendar, all I was suggesting was

for instance

2.6 Stable
2.6.1 development
2.6.2 Bugfix
2.6.3 More bug fixes and development
2.6.4 Bugfix
2.7 Stable

The component itself is fantastic for the price, but customers don't have the option to install a version which is stable, and neither do we when it comes to upgrading to a stable version on a live site.

As I say it was only a suggestion, if it wasn't for Dam being so enthusiastic and even fixing bugs where the client has customized the component (something many developers wouldn't) then maybe my suggestion is not so important.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan