Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

payment form: buy with or without registration

More
10 years 3 months ago #40029 by tony
Hi all,
I would like to know if it's possible to let the user choose what to do with a payment form.
Scenario 1:
the occasional user comes to my website and he buys my service: he fills the payment form with all his data and makes the payment. Done.

Scenario 2 [returning user]:
the returning user would log in his joomla account and buy my service: in this case he should fill a smaller payment form with less fields (all fields except the joomla registration ones). Then he makes the payment. Done. What happens here? how can I link the payment to the registered joomla user? will the payments list display the payment from registered joomla users? how does this work?

Can I re-create these scenarios with payment form + joomla and nothing else?

TIA

tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: payment form: buy with or without registration
Replied you via support ticket. Here it is again in case someone has same question :

Hi Tony

In case, I think you will need to have a clever setup. Basically, you will need to create two forms: One for Public Users, and one for Registered Users.

When a user logged in, you must find a way so that he could not access to the form created for public users. Maybe the solution would be:

1. Create two forms: One for Public Users and one for Registered users.

2. Create two menu item to link to the form :

- For the first menu item, link to the form created for Public users, set access field of that menu item to "Guest" access level

- For the second menu item, link it to the second form for Registered users. Set access field of the menu item to "Registered" so that public users could not see and access to it.

That would be the proper setup in this case. Just need Joomla and Payment Form, no need for any third party extension.

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago #40035 by tony
Hi Tuan,
thanks for your reply.
just another question related to scenario 2:
once the user is logged in and go to the payment form (visible to registered users only) how can I get all other user data (the data set in his profile) without using the JomSocial or CB components? Can I get user data without these components? How?
TIA

tony

More
10 years 3 months ago #40037 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: payment form: buy with or without registration
Unfortunately, you cannot get these data. If you want to get these data, you will need to access to user profile page (in the payment records page from back-end, there is a link to user account page).

That's the only way for now.

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago #40038 by tony
Thanks again, Tuan.
So, you can keep track of all payments made by all users (registered and unregistered) from the back-end?
And logged users will have some empty fields along with a link to user profile? (I can't see this link in the screenshot on your website).
Thanks

Tony

More
10 years 3 months ago #40039 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Correct !

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #40040 by tony
Perfect! I'm near to my complete solution.
Just a last question: you suggested to create 2 menu items: 1 for public and 1 for registerd users.
Ok. I made it.
But how can I hide the public menu item when a user log-in?
Is there a way to hide a menu item selectively?

i.e.:
  • menu item 1 is visible only to public
  • menu item 2 is visible to registered users only

Thanks
tony
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by tony. Reason: missing signature ;)

More
10 years 3 months ago #40045 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

As I mentioned, you will need to assign the Public menu item to "Guest" access level. What Joomla version you are using ?

Tuan

More
10 years 3 months ago #40048 by tony
Hi Tuan,
I'm using Joomla 3.2.0 stable version.
I have already done what you said but I've set the public menu item access level to Public (not guest).
I changed his access level to Guest and now it disappears when the user log-in. Perfect!
Thanks very much for your help.

tony

More
10 years 3 months ago #40049 by tony
I spoke too soon. :(.
If I set a menu item access level to Guest I will not see it once I log out.
So, what's the difference between Public and Guest? Who knows?
I'm pretty sure this problem can be solved easily but I can't find another solution right away. I'm pretty new to Joomla 3.2, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious.
Can you help me?

Thanks again and again ;).

tony

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam